Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
2017 Black RS
Well now I want to see it!

Did it have to do with receiving different items than what was ordered? I was able to use what I got, and it wasn't worth trying to get the 2 out of 3 ordered items swapped out.

Registered
@crepr12 Was it this? TL-DR: OP paid upfront at the beginning of last year for built motor and big turbo from Panda. Panda strung them along and then stopped returning emails, messages and phone calls (normal MO). They finally say they鈥檙e ready for the car to be dropped off in October, but the car wasn鈥檛 ready after almost 5 months at Pandamotorwork鈥檚 shop. To top it off Panda didn鈥檛 install the parts the guy ordered and of course he鈥檚 got leaks.
RTL-DR: Panda is bad. Might be ok to order parts. But keep seeing more and more issues with motors and installs.
Font Material property Screenshot Document Parallel

Font Material property Symmetry Parallel Document

Font Motor vehicle Screenshot Terrestrial plant Automotive tire

Registered
2016 RS2
That鈥檚 awful

Registered
2016 RS2
I suspect the shop is trying to work something out with the poster now
Taking down the negative post is some good will towards that
I鈥檇 hope so鈥 but like the other builder, if people are having these kind of issues.. it鈥檚 good to know.. I mean these cars are enough $$, then you decide you want to build 鈥 and something like this happends?
No thanks.. same thing basically happened to me .. except I didn鈥檛 have that kinda $$$ down.. I had bought all these parts..talked to mechanic, talked to transmission builder鈥 got a transmission sourced for rebuild鈥 waited, waited and after 6-8, months of calling, going in ect, and every time I got the same answer or no answer鈥

During that time.. my parts truck sat at my mechanics with my parts the entire time and went through the same crap with him.. ohhh sorry got busy , I was short staffed鈥 blamed the transmission..months went by.. it was this and that.. then he had the nerve to ask me to tow my truck back because he needed the space and bring it back when the transmission was done..I gladly moved it as I was done..

all the mechanic had to do at that time was rip an engine out, then I was going to scrap truck.. bring my other truck over and replace another.. I didn鈥檛 think it seemed like a big ask..

fast forward a few months later.. he closed his shop鈥 lesson learned..

Registered
I suspect the shop is trying to work something out with the poster now
Taking down the negative post is some good will towards that
I think the OP was auto banned. *Edit not auto banned but the thread doesn鈥檛 show up as one of their discussions and yesterday it wasn鈥檛 reachable with a direct google link (google had already crawled the thread) but was reachable today with the link.馃え

The original post is still up on Facebook. Chris and Panda were tagged a bunch of times and haven鈥檛 responded. Not surprised. They didn鈥檛 respond to the last couple failed engine posts. SP63 helped out the combat wounded disabled Army EOD tech Panda f鈥檇 over. It was a full Panda build, leaked oil and never ran right. Turns out Panda bent the oil squirters to clear the pistons and they all snapped off at the welds. No oil squirters = hot pistons and no lube.

Registered
I know every state is slightly different in their law structure and enforcement mechanisms (specifically consumer protection), but if anyone were to receive incompetent negligent, and in fact "harmful" (time and money) treatment like the examples above; I'd strongly urge them to forcefully pursue a complaint through their state's consumer protection division (if they have one). Business practices like those above deserve formal legal attention from a regulatory agency! Shysters!! 馃枙

Registered
Man how could anyone try and use that place.
Things happen and i
Understand that. You won鈥檛 find a place that the internet can鈥檛 tell a bad story about but this place has a pattern and it鈥檚 not just the timeline type stuff.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts