Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a deposit in on Oct 1st and have been at dealer ever week since the 12th of Oct wanting my order number. Today I just cancelled the order with them and will be getting a refund on my $500, have to wait on main office to cut the check....

Then I went 20 minutes up the road to a dealer that had been wanting ADM and put down a $1000 for order at MSRP and walked out with order number. Much better dealer.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
ControlNode,

Good deal! When I read the title and first paragraph I thought Oh No - ControlNode is not getting an RS ... I say that because through the forum threads you sound like an enthusiastic car guy who will really enjoy your RS! :cool:

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
561 Posts
So sad it has to come to that but to pay extra for a bs free experience is worth it in my books. Congrats!

·
Registered
320 Posts
So sad it has to come to that but to pay extra for a bs free experience is worth it in my books. Congrats!
Actually from that last line it looks like he got it at MSRP from a dealer that wanted ADM before. So it's a really good situation for him.

Best of luck @ControlNode! You're off to a better start this time around, at least :)

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I put a deposit in on Oct 1st and have been at dealer ever week since the 12th of Oct wanting my order number. Today I just cancelled the order with them and will be getting a refund on my $500, have to wait on main office to cut the check....

Then I went 20 minutes up the road to a dealer that had been wanting ADM and put down a $1000 for order at MSRP and walked out with order number. Much better dealer.
Congrats!

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, fairly pleased with the change so far, sadly I don't drive past this dealer multiple times a day. I asked at both the dealers (one I cancelled at and one I placed order at yesterday) how many others have even asked them about the RS. At the one I cancelled at, word was no one else. At the one I placed the order at but had left before due to ADM that they decided not to charge I was told 1 other person. I think it just shows how small the market for the RS is in the US and why ADM on this model is not working as well as they had hoped at the dealer, at least in my area of the US where the roads seam dominated by SUVs and large trucks, with a sprinkle of pony cars (Mustang, Camaro, Challengers).

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yeah, fairly pleased with the change so far, sadly I don't drive past this dealer multiple times a day. I asked at both the dealers (one I cancelled at and one I placed order at yesterday) how many others have even asked them about the RS. At the one I cancelled at, word was no one else. At the one I placed the order at but had left before due to ADM that they decided not to charge I was told 1 other person. I think it just shows how small the market for the RS is in the US and why ADM on this model is not working as well as they had hoped at the dealer, at least in my area of the US where the roads seam dominated by SUVs and large trucks, with a sprinkle of pony cars (Mustang, Camaro, Challengers).
Ford should send some up here then! Demand is strong... at least where I am. Lots of unallocated orders waiting for some good luck to come their way. I wonder if Ford will look at total North American demand and move allocations where they're needed. I don't see the point of keeping cars in places they're not wanted. But hey, what do I know.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ford should send some up here then! Demand is strong... at least where I am. Lots of unallocated orders waiting for some good luck to come their way. I wonder if Ford will look at total North American demand and move allocations where they're needed. I don't see the point of keeping cars in places they're not wanted. But hey, what do I know.
Well if Ford were to ask for dealers that should loose their allocation I would vote for Riverside Ford in Havelock, NC. They sound very sure to have an allocation, but don't seem to know how to order it, Ford might as well move that allocation to a dealer selling at MSRP for an unallocated order.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Consider yourself very lucky! All these California dealers are 5-20k adm. I know 2 specific dealers in Sacramento are charging 20K ADM

·
Registered
558 Posts
f you look at the comments coming from the general body of car enthusiasts there's some sentiment that the RS is just not enough car for the money, which may be why demand is low in some areas. Here in Canada there were comments made on the Ford blog that with negotiation you can get a nicely loaded Mustang GT with PP for the same price. I plan to test drive that car before making a final choice.

·
Registered
716 Posts
f you look at the comments coming from the general body of car enthusiasts there's some sentiment that the RS is just not enough car for the money, which may be why demand is low in some areas. Here in Canada there were comments made on the Ford blog that with negotiation you can get a nicely loaded Mustang GT with PP for the same price. I plan to test drive that car before making a final choice.
I want to know what criteria they use to argue that - is it just raw HP/tq numbers?

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Ya i dont know why you'd cross shop an RS with a mustang. I had briefly considered a mustang but the lack of rear seat and cargo room kills it for me. Never mind the horrible winter driving.

·
Registered
520 Posts
High-tech AWD system, more power than Mustang GT's of yesteryears, hatchback practicality, 4 doors.......yeah not once did the Mustang cross my mind when I originally considered the RS. The STI did but it's not available as a hatchback and it's still saddled with that boat anchor of an engine.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
That's good news ControlNode. Congrats! I'm still waiting between 3 different dealers. One that has already ordered one in SG. A buddy is trying to secure an allocation for me at the dealership he works at and my local dealer is trying to find out about the supposed re-allocations of allocations...

·
Super Moderator
604 Posts
I've still got one looking out for me, but don't think they will get one. Likely will be waiting on a 2017. Congrats on getting it squared away @ControlNode

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Nice job, sounds like it worked out for the better. I really believe that if a dealer tries to screw you on the front end, his post-sales service is probably just a shady.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is the issue, I don't think it was the staff at Riverside were attempting to mislead me, aside from maybe Markus. Lee and Gray were very straight forward and seemed just as frustrated (while trying to restrain from showing it) as I was. I fully think the problem is with Dustin.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
17 Participants
ChadB916
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing