Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
918 Posts
Shifting with your left hand isn't hard. In the mornings I've picked up my coffee to drink with my right hand and then found I needed to shift, so I used my knee to steer and reached over with my left hand to shift. Not too bad. If I could obtain a RHD RS I would likely buy it over the LHD model just to be weird.

· Registered
246 Posts
I am doing the reverse bringing a LHD RS to a RHD market. Both markets are metric system which helps and plenty of precedent (lots of LHD cars in Japan). Hoping to keep all costs to 7k or so. Shipping component is 1.5k. JCG

· Registered
353 Posts
I was living in Germany when I wanted to buy a US spec MV Agusta (made in Italy) in 2007. For one, the US price was thousands less than the Euro price (wasn't just a currency conversion issue...things just cost more there). Also, in order to have a US warranty, the bike had to be delivered in the US first, then shipped to me in Germany. I paid for the shipping which wasn't too bad. In short, MV wouldn't sell me a US spec bike and deliver to Germany. Also in order for my US dealer to ship to me in Germany, MV made me sign a statement saying I would not sell the bike in Europe. i could have have sold it the day I got it and profited thousands. Still have the bike!!

So my thoughts are if you wanted to have RHD, you're not going to have a US warranty as it'll be warrantied where first delivered.

Attachments

· Registered
1,654 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mini Motor vehicle

I imported this rhd mini some many years ago. It was fun to drive backwards in drive-through's. Also driving with a news paper over the steering wheel while the passenger pretends to panic with an unattached steering wheel. It was fun for sure and didn't take long to get use to shifting with your left hand.

· Registered
1,644 Posts
Passing large trucks is a bithc on two lane roads!

21 - 28 of 28 Posts