1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
376 Posts
And people were saying the IC was going to bottleneck the system. Pshhh. Hopefully the plate comes off easy for the dryer, hotter places of the world

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Is the related to the intercooler blanking plate one of the videos was talking about? I had no clue what they were talking about?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Is the related to the intercooler blanking plate one of the videos was talking about? I had no clue what they were talking about?
Yep, that's exactly it.

·
Super Moderator
15,472 Posts
Here it is, I pulled it from the Official SG Thread:

912.png

·
Registered
892 Posts
Damn, that blanking plate really does nothing for the aesthetics of the front of the car :(

I wonder if that is the root cause of the production delay. Gah! You beat me to it Maple!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
That's not a bad problem at all and the solution, while not super aesthetically pleasing, was any easy fix. I suspect it's not going to be super noticeable and doesn't really bother me.

·
Super Moderator
15,472 Posts
I wonder if removing it will be another thing that'll void warranty
And the early contender of Post of the Year 2016:

Seriously, no one start a warranty thread..............

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Part Ford Transit Van :)
I think I remember hearing somewhere that we also have steering linkage (or something like that) from a C-Max. :topsy_turvy:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
2016 Ford TransFocusKugaMAX Van - RS.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Why'd they put a shiny finish on the plate, would look less obvious matted.

So if you get the Mountune stage 1, this thing will likely be gone....

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Why'd they put a shiny finish on the plate, would look less obvious matted.

So if you get the Mountune stage 1, this thing will likely be gone....
Will it though? If you're not hooning it (tuned or otherwise) wouldn't this be something you need? I assume tuning the car doesn't affect the normal charge temps, but rather the peak temps.

IOW, this plate is here because the minimums were too low, tuning would only increase the maximum temps not raise the minimum temps, correct?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts