Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I know there are have been many Forum members that have dealt with much longer waits so I’m not complaining.

I just wanted to start a thread about how much we love this car. My car got hit nearly 1000 miles away and is still in the shop there “waiting on parts. Hopefully by end of February (that will be 3 months), it will be ready.” For me to fly back out and pick it up.

But boy, once I pick it up, it will be amazing and driving those 1000 miles in less than 48 hours will be bliss. This care truly is unbelievable. Also driving a ****ty, I mean Chevy Malibu and then a base corolla really doesn’t help.

All of you that have your cars, enjoy. She’s a beautify. Can’t wait to get back into those seats, let her warm up and let’er ripppp.

Anyone else share the same opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
5,608 Posts
Yes you've come to the right place. Condolences on the hit.

After duelling a porsche 911 today, yes I have even more love 4 the RS.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes. Last week I took a 140 mile trip to the Oregon coast and back, on business. Loved how it handles the twisties and acceleration going from curve to curve. Such a fun car to have.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes, but minus the OEM seats.
I can live with the seats, but I am not overly obese (not implying you are).

What is killing me is the embarrassingly mismatched suspension tuning (damping/rebound shock setting and spring rates) that makes the car effin pogo like I cut the springs in order to lower it. The short wheelbase and the current brutally cold temps in MN don’t help either.

My trackwhore C5Z with LG coilovers has a stiffer ride but never pogos like the RS.

If I decide to keep the car long term, I might pitch the ‘18 v2 stock hardware and put on something more suitable for my 40 year olds taste buds.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I can live with the seats, but I am not overly obese (not implying you are).

What is killing me is the embarrassingly mismatched suspension tuning (damping/rebound shock setting and spring rates) that makes the car effin pogo like I cut the springs in order to lower it. The short wheelbase and the current brutally cold temps in MN don’t help either.

My trackwhore C5Z with LG coilovers has a stiffer ride but never pogos like the RS.

If I decide to keep the car long term, I might pitch the ‘18 v2 stock hardware and put on something more suitable for my 40 year olds taste buds.
For a while I didn't notice the suspension, but after two years it has become a bit comical how much the RS pogos. Doing a bit better off now so I'm going to give the DSC Controller a try, which seems to help a bit with this issue.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
For a while I didn't notice the suspension, but after two years it has become a bit comical how much the RS pogos. Doing a bit better off now so I'm going to give the DSC Controller a try, which seems to help a bit with this issue.
I'm just saving for the warranty expiration date when I do the full DSC Tractive setup.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm just saving for the warranty expiration date when I do the full DSC Tractive setup.
You can at least get the controller while you wait. Even if you think it might impact some warranty concern related to the suspension the box can be swapped right back out.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Save the dollars and upgrade the springs - eliminates the pogo effect totally and a far simpler, cheaper option.

Oh and I love my RS too

·
Registered
589 Posts
Whiteline, H&R, Eibach etc. they are all well regarded for the Mk3, even out the stance to be less ‘nose down’ and remove the vertical choppiness if the ride in all modes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use the pogo for evil. My pops always makes fun of my Subaru Forester XT for being a lesbian car. Over Christmas, I was asked to pick them up at an airport, 2 hours away. I drove the RS, as a form of punishment for the constant digs about the Subaru. With a 69 year old mom and 73 year old dad riding over the midwest winter roads, there were plenty of complaints. I let pops know the car choice was on purpose.

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
I am happy with my suspension (for now). I had more stiffer suspension in the past. I can live with the revision suspension on the LE model.

So far no complaints but the car has room for improvement.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Alright, back on topic: Am I still "in love" with my RS? eh.

The "honeymoon" phase has definitely come and gone (funny enough, I also drove a Chevy Malibu 350 mi to pick up my RS at the dealer. That drive back definitely gave me second thoughts due to the ride quality. I later found the shipping blocks still there when I got home...).

Doesn't mean I don't love it anymore though. I akin my current "love" for my RS like a wife you've been married to for some years: not newly weds, but not "golden anniversary" either. Maybe verging on that "seven year itch".

The RS is there when I need it, day in and day out. We go and pick-up/drop off the kids, run errands, go grocery shopping and head to work every day with out any issue. When I'm feeling a little frisky, it would be down for a little fun, maybe a weekend getaway either at the track or in the canyons. Every now and then, I'd buy a little something, maybe some fresh rubber or a new toy like a stubby antenna, just to "keep things interesting".

Do I still look back and ogle it every time I walk away? No, but I still find myself staring every once in a while when the sun hits it just right after a good wash.

There are no mysteries between us, but every once in a while, there'd be little surprises (usually a leak of some sort lol). Embarrassing? Sure, but I don't really mind.

Have I fallen out of love? No. Am I ready for a divorce and hop on that latest fresh new hotness? No, not really. Will I feel the same in the near future? Time will tell (the warranty lapsing may have something to do with it).

Maybe if my real wife allows it, I might even get a "girl friend on the side" lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
plan on keeping this car for a long time...will probably cycle through a bunch of cars before getting rid of the RS, if the motor holds up

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Whiteline, H&R, Eibach etc. they are all well regarded for the Mk3, even out the stance to be less ‘nose down’ and remove the vertical choppiness if the ride in all modes.

If you like the raked stance Mountune maintains it. What I went with and the ride definitely improved as well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
IMO I think if you plan on keeping this car for a long time you absolutely need to get a nice set of aftermarket adaptive dampers to fix the ride issues. Once you fix the suspension/ride issues there isn't much to hate on about this car. Sure, the interior could have been a little better for the price point, and there are some poor development decisions like the factory cardboard undertray that won't last a single winter - But the core mechanics of the car itself are just so brilliant.

Although I will say in the long run IMO the MK 2 RS w/ the Volvo 5 cylinder, I believe, will end up being the more desirable/collectable car. It doesn't handle anywhere near as well, but that 5 cylinder sounds glorious with a good exhaust.

·
5,608 Posts
Yes you've come to the right place. Condolences on the hit.

After duelling a porsche 911 today, yes I have even more love 4 the RS.
Yes done the Porsche now had another duel yesterday this time with a Bentley continental and loved it.
He couldn't get away.
My face had the biggest grin hard to describe in words but heart was racing after it.

I know I am at 12k km post HG version C, but is anyone else finding the RS engine is getting better with time?

Long live the King....
RS

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I love my RS as much as the day I bought it. I wash it every other day. I'm extremely anal about it's appearance, my neighbors can attest to that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts