Super Moderator
16,370 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,370 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
This might end up being a serious performance car.

I was in South Korea recently and a buddy of mine has a fully tricked out G70 twin-turbo V6 Genesis. That thing was beautiful, inside and out, and pulled HARD.

Excited to see what else they come up with.

·
Super Moderator
16,370 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
The i30N is no RS competitor.. but having owned 2 2015 i30's and a 1998 Excel. They do actually build good reliable cars. My 1998 excel (albeit a POS) it did have over 300,000km on it and still ran well. The 2015 i30's (I still have 1 of them, other traded for a 2015 ST) have had not a single issue in 3 years.
I think the only issue is the stigma attached to Korean cars.. if you want something that wont break buy one... don't ban me from this forum :)

but i30N vs ST... ST wins :)

Reactions: Paolo

·
Super Moderator
16,370 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,370 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2019 Hyundai Veloster: Look familiar?

hyundai-veloster-n-promo.jpg

Not much originality on Hyundai's part...first, they nicked the "Veloster" name from Porsche's "Boxster." Now they blatantly copy the Focus RS styling cues.

·
Super Moderator
16,370 Posts

·
Banned
589 Posts
A coworker of mine has a blue Veloster N & it looks nothing like an RS. The RS looks so much better in every way...... honestly, so does the ST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
A coworker of mine has a blue Veloster N & it looks nothing like an RS. The RS looks so much better in every way...... honestly, so does the ST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be honest though, the be listed N’s exhaust sounds way better than an ST or RS (stock for stock, and probably aftermarket too)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Be honest though, the be listed N’s exhaust sounds way better than an ST or RS (stock for stock, and probably aftermarket too)
The N's rear end looks way better than our cars' too, credit where credit is due. I'm a bit salty about them jacking our color, but Subaru and Toyota have been doing that as well. And BMW was rocking Yas Marina Blue way before Nitrous Blue was ever conceived.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I think the first was the volvo polestar you really utilize that style of blue. But also ford with grabber blue on mustangs. The worst one is the new civic type R. That colour looks awful on that car

·
Registered
294 Posts
I think the first was the volvo polestar you really utilize that style of blue. But also ford with grabber blue on mustangs. The worst one is the new civic type R. That colour looks awful on that car
doh, how could I forget Grabber Blue. That's the OG hot blue. Polestar's blue is sweet too but they're vanishingly rare. Also BMW's Laguna Seca Blue which predates Yas Marina by a generation.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The N's rear end looks way better than our cars' too, credit where credit is due. I'm a bit salty about them jacking our color, but Subaru and Toyota have been doing that as well. And BMW was rocking Yas Marina Blue way before Nitrous Blue was ever conceived.
No way! The I30 N's rear end looks like a cross between a minivan and an SUV with a wing on it.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts