Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
California has many problems, however the only time when we've had persistent rolling blackouts was because of market manipulation by a now notorious company called Enron that doesn't exist anymore because some energy traders got really greedy ;)

E85 is not better for the environment - it produces the same CO2 when burned and probably requires more resources to create. What I've heard is that for industries where electrification doesn't solve the problem, clean hydrogen is the solution - using solar or wind electricity to split water into O2 and H2. Hydrogen has less energy per volume so it requires modification to tanks, not only the engines that use it and I'm not sure if you can retrofit a gasoline engine to burn hydrogen.

I think that governments are just trying to push and see who blinks first - in a lot of places, actually using the car batteries as additional energy storage might solve some of the uneven clean electricity generation but I would never agree to that arrangement unless battery technology improves significantly.
E85 is much better when going for the same issues as electric. Lower carbon. Now factor in the production and it’s **** same with batteries.
Or how about this we stop worrying about it because as we kill the Economy China juts pollutes more.
Plus we can’t and won’t be able to prove or carbon out put is doing anything. We came out of a nice age a long time ago and way before we burned fuels.
So what caused that warmup? Must’ve been all that fossil fuels that we were not burning.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Next best thing in the near future compared to the RS for the “fun factor” will be the Corolla GR which is coming to the United States. After that I can’t say to much because the world is eventually going hybrid or electric. I used to argue “how are we going to charge all the electric cars” but my opinion has changed due to they “meaning government” will have a “social score” on who can own and drive vehicles. Yes this sounds crazy but it’s coming and no one would have thought 10 yrs ago we would be forced to wear a mask or stick a needle in our arm to enter a business or travel. This discussion doesn’t come down to technology, it comes down to freedoms
Well with that attitude youare right. Lol
I have faith that the the USA still has enough left to regain our country and get the people making choices not the government. We had a good start with trumps policy of removing two regs for every new one.
That’s good policy whether you like the man or not it was a good start.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts