Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hadn't seen this on the forum yet so I figured I would contribute:

Remove small trim cover from passenger console valence. You will have better luck if you use a trim stick. Unsnap the clips in the front of the cover and rotate out.
IMG_4321.JPG
Pull out slightly on the valence panel to back the pushpin out a little. Next, use a pin puller or your fingers and remove the push pin.
IMG_4320.JPG
IMG_4319.JPG
Slide the valence forward.
IMG_4318.JPG
Pull the carpet out a little to expose the drain tube.
IMG_4316.JPG
Pull the drain tube out of the HVAC case at the top then pull it out of the sheet metal.
IMG_4315.JPG
Reverse is pretty much the exact opposite. Here is a picture of the bag with the part number.
IMG_4323.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Is there a reason you needed to replace this? was it clogged, broken, leaking?

I gotta admit.. My RS smells like feet when I start it after it's sat for a while(few days). I replaced the cabin filter, but it still smells like cheese. I'm starting to think this may be a thing I should look into.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
If it smells like limburger, it’s an assembly issue. =P

Reactions: 320icar

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I gotta admit.. My RS smells like feet when I start it after it's sat for a while(few days). I replaced the cabin filter, but it still smells like cheese. I'm starting to think this may be a thing I should look into.
When I got back from the tail of the dragon, I noticed the carpet on the passenger side was wet. I assumed the drain tube was the cause so I went from there. The end that snaps into sheet metal had a deformed/damaged snap tab. It would rock just enough to weep into the car.

·
Registered
176 Posts

+1 same experience. Started smelling like a locker room after I left it parked for a week. I'll have to look into this drain tube. Thanks for the show-and-tell.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine smells on start up but the smell goes away after driving.
Mine is doing the same thing now. Funny, my 2016 Mustang with dual A/C had this issue, where the smell came on for a while, and then the A/C failed.
Betting there are similarly sourced parts. Just another reason to bring in the RS...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts