Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
The M380 comes with a locked Access Port. That means you can not get a custom tune / load any other tunes on it. It is basically an off the shelf tune designed to work with all cars with the included Mountune parts. The B packages come with a normal Access Port and include 45 days of e-tunes customized for your vehicle. It will have better performance than a generic tune. Also, you can go to any tuner of your choosing later down the road. I went the B route even though I live in Cali.
Thanks. Which level B series did you start with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the B3. Just started the process so the tune is not finalized.... Also, for the custom tune packages you can turn off the Auto Start-Stop feature which is a major plus for me haha.

·
Registered
716 Posts
The M380 comes with a locked Access Port. That means you can not get a custom tune / load any other tunes on it. It is basically an off the shelf tune designed to work with all cars with the included Mountune parts. The B packages come with a normal Access Port and include 45 days of e-tunes customized for your vehicle. It will have better performance than a generic tune. Also, you can go to any tuner of your choosing later down the road. I went the B route even though I live in Cali.
Ah, great info, thanks! Looks like B3 is a great kit, and is about the same as the M380. It adds a RMM too, although it does like a sound suppression chamber. How important would in your opinion the latter be? Have you noticed any increased noise from B3?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Ah, great info, thanks! Looks like B3 is a great kit, and is about the same as the M380. It adds a RMM too, although it does like a sound suppression chamber. How important would in your opinion the latter be? Have you noticed any increased noise from B3?
I wondered why this was included in the M380 and not the B series. Sure it can be added, but is it needed?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I went to Mountune in person and had them install the sport springs, RMM, Re-circ Valve, SSC, and Air Filter at once. Then I bought the rest of the intake + tune a few weeks later. I got the SSC just because reading around here there have been a lot of people who have needed one because of a strange whistling sound that happens after adding a high flow filter. It does seem to effect the majority of people who do those mods. It was easy for me because Mountune did all the work.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Are you saying Ford Performance warranties Mustang performance parts differently than RS performance parts?
They do not warranty any RS parts. I am sure they warranty the parts. Let me re phrase. We cannot put them on our car if we want our warranty to remain intact. That is the factory warranty.

Does that make sense?

·
Registered
971 Posts
They do not warranty any RS parts. I am sure they warranty the parts. Let me re phrase. We cannot put them on our car if we want our warranty to remain intact. That is the factory warranty.

Does that make sense?
There a couple of FP items for the RS like a cat back exhaust that retains part of your Ford warranty. However, even the ‘warrantied’ items will impact the actual warranty. You have to read the small print!

·
Registered
203 Posts
There a couple of FP items for the RS like a cat back exhaust that retains part of your Ford warranty. However, even the ‘warrantied’ items will impact the actual warranty. You have to read the small print!

Its So dumb. The day they are warrantied is when I drop 3-4k

·
Registered
203 Posts
Being honest I would not be worried about not having a warranty on something like a catback exhaust or other part that has a very low failure rate/issues. I think the big one that most people would love to see would be something like a Mountune backed tune and or package that included exhaust, intake, tune, etc. I know I would buy one.

But with the recent HG issues and the amount of money Ford is likely losing on this car at this point I doubt anyone in corporate is in a big hurry to support aftermarket performance upgrades.

·
Registered
115 Posts

Does that make sense?
So is that any different with similar Mustang performance parts?

·
Registered
716 Posts
I went to Mountune in person and had them install the sport springs, RMM, Re-circ Valve, SSC, and Air Filter at once. Then I bought the rest of the intake + tune a few weeks later. I got the SSC just because reading around here there have been a lot of people who have needed one because of a strange whistling sound that happens after adding a high flow filter. It does seem to effect the majority of people who do those mods. It was easy for me because Mountune did all the work.
Didn't know Mountune shops were a thing. Though is Carson, CA seriously the only shop in the entire country?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts