• Other?

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know people have different financial abilities so out of curiosity, how will you guys pay for your FoRS? At around $40,000 + taxes and fees this is not by any means a cheap purchase.

I plan on either financing or taking out a loan, depending where I get better interest rate; plus use some of my savings (being only two years out of college doesn't help with savings much).
How about rest of you. I know quite a bit of people will most likely cash it out.

Any others?

·
Registered
187 Posts
My plan so far is get an Auto loan through Credit Union or finance through Ford, with $8k-$10k deposit on top.

·
Registered
263 Posts
A credit union loan but the amount will depend on where interest rates are at.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My father passed last Nov of bone marrow cancer, R.I.P Jeffy. I was left some money, also savings over the last few years. so with that im putting a huge down payment. and gonna go through my C.U for the rest. Gonna try and get my monthly payments around 350-400.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Traded in my 2013 raptor, got 50k for it, still owed 26, so I have a check for 24k waiting to go toward the RS and I'll finance the rest through Ford.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Many years of driving a beater so will have a decent chunk to put down and get a payment I won't hate every month :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
I fortunately have enough saved up to pay cash for it so I'll probably end up doing that unless I can get some killer financing (doubtful). Plus I'm figuring 7-9k for my current car trade in (2011 Mazda 3) which will go towards the RS purchase.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Trade in the ST, I should have about 5K from that. I plan on atleast 20K down and the rest I will finance. I did just buy a house, so I'm till sorting out finances in that sense. I may end up putting more down but I'm waiting until that time comes to decide.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I'm currently underwater in my ST. I have money in savings to pay it down, but it doesn't really make sense when the loan is 0% APR. I'm probably the only one hoping the RS comes later than Mid-February as mentioned by Nick. I would like to at least be about even on my loan and I think I calculated that I would break even somewhere around March/April assuming the rate of depreciation doesn't change significantly. Once the ST is paid off the rest of the savings (minus some emergency cash) will go towards the RS with the remaining amount paid for via a loan from our local credit union. The credit union will do 72 months @ 1.99%, if Ford will match that I'll go through them.

Taking the 0% APR on my ST was a mistake. The money I saved in interest was lost by not taking the rebate, but since I'm selling it early I'm not saving that interest money. Live and learn :(

·
Registered
325 Posts
I hope everyone will look around before just going with Ford. I personally bid USAA and Navy Federal against each other and usually end up with around a 1.75% at worst case. I don't see Ford offering anything under 3% for these for a 60 month...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sold the Boss this summer so I'll throw in the difference and it will be my name only on the title.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts