Ford Focus RS Forum banner

201 - 214 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
My build date started 8/21, then slipped to 8/22, then nothing until today - 8/28. I've been checking ETIS every single day, so I know I didn't miss anything. And COTUS has been useless from the start.

Anyway, I'm thinking the above means that my RS has been sent or is being prepped to ship from Saarlouis to Zeebrugge as of 8/28? And once it's on the move, how long does it take to reach that port and then how long before it leaves to head to the U.S.? I know it's about 2 weeks to cross the ocean and I know about looking up my window sticker. I just want to know when I can expect it to be on the boat. Thanks! :fat:

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
My build date started 8/21, then slipped to 8/22, then nothing until today - 8/28. I've been checking ETIS every single day, so I know I didn't miss anything. And COTUS has been useless from the start.

Anyway, I'm thinking the above means that my RS has been sent or is being prepped to ship from Saarlouis to Zeebrugge as of 8/28? And once it's on the move, how long does it take to reach that port and then how long before it leaves to head to the U.S.? I know it's about 2 weeks to cross the ocean and I know about looking up my window sticker. I just want to know when I can expect it to be on the boat. Thanks! :fat:
Once the car leaves Saarlouis its anybody's guess. It depends on such things as how many cars are ready to load up for the trip to Zeebrugge, how many cars are ready to go aboard the ship coming to your port of entry, etc. Hopefully things have settled down a bit since the days when the first cars left the factory. Be patient - the car is well worth the wait ��

·
Registered
110 Posts
CYGNUS LEADER out of service ? it's been sitting at Bremerhaven, Germany for the past two days. Suppose to be at Zeebrugge, Belgium today.

·
Registered
144 Posts
CYGNUS LEADER out of service ? it's been sitting at Bremerhaven, Germany for the past two days. Suppose to be at Zeebrugge, Belgium today.
I've been tracking the Cygnus for days - I noticed last month with the Aphrodite that the schedules are always off by so much as an entire day and change. It actually got to Bremerhaven kinda late. True, the latest schedule shows it should be at Zeebrugge today http://www.nykroro.com/documents/US-USCX/USCXwk40.pdf

If it doesn't get moving by tonight, maybe there's something wrong. But I'm not ready to panic ... yet!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks like Cygnus leader is going to be caught up in hurricane ophelia. Couldn't get a break this ship, hopefully all the car is okay.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks like Cygnus leader is going to be caught up in hurricane ophelia. Couldn't get a break this ship, hopefully all the car is okay.
Seriously WTF. I see the path of the hurricane but we don't know exactly where Cygnus is, as once it gets far enough from land, there's no tracking unless you upgrade to a paid account on one of those marine sites. If my car wasn't loaded or something happens in transit, I'm gonna cancel and go for one of the ones I see on sale in the forums and online. One is pretty close to me actually. This is ridiculous.

·
Registered
156 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,426 Posts
Received my VIN today and when entered into the Ford ETIS website I get the following response:

"Outstanding Field Service Actions"
"No campaign Message(s) found"

I did read through the thread but didn't find anything addressing this response. Anyone have some insight that they can share?

Thanks
There are no outstanding TSBs on your vehicle.

·
Registered
134 Posts
So my dealer has given me the VIN (and window sticker) which when entered into ETIS just shows a yellow Focus and some rudimentary information. Does this mean it has already been built?

How or where do I find out where it is now and then track it? How to I find the build date? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
So my dealer has given me the VIN (and window sticker) which when entered into ETIS just shows a yellow Focus and some rudimentary information. Does this mean it has already been built?

How or where do I find out where it is now and then track it? How to I find the build date? Thanks.
If you have a window sticker it would seem your vehicle has been built and is already in transit to your dealership.

You can register for a free account to access more information via ETIS, including final build date, or day it left factory for the shipping port.

That said, if you have the window sticker you can assume the vehicle has made it on to a transportation ship. You might be able to figure out which and track it, but probably not.

You can, at this point, go to https://fmcchat.ford.dxcdynamics.com/chat and start a chat. Using your VIN you can get the latest location information and an estimated day of arrival. They, usually, can't provide details from when your vehicle boards the transportation ship until it clears US customs.

Here is my recent chat with them:

NameThom Dealer NameLone Star FordYMM2018 Ford Focus RSProductWF0DP3TH4XXXXXXXX Can you give me a delivery status update?

Please wait. An operator will be with you shortly.

Ray says:
**Hello Thom My name is Ray, it is in the NJ port and the ETA to the dealer is Jan 19-25
Thom Murphy says:
**Great! is there any additional information that might be useful, such as a rail car number? What is the best way to track it's progress? My Salesperson no longer works for the dealership and they've failed to return my calls.
Ray says:
**I cannot give out any rail or truck numbers. Best is to just check with us periodically.
Thom Murphy says:
**OK. Thank you, goodbye.
Ray says:
**You're welcome

You can also call the tech line. However, some people seem to prefer chat, including myself. Below is a link a somewhat recent article from Ford Performance regarding vehicle tracking, the phone number is near the end of the article http://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/quick-look/2017/08/vehicle-tracking-system.html

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you have a window sticker it would seem your vehicle has been built and is already in transit to your dealership.

You can register for a free account to access more information via ETIS, including final build date, or day it left factory for the shipping port.

That said, if you have the window sticker you can assume the vehicle has made it on to a transportation ship. You might be able to figure out which and track it, but probably not.

You can, at this point, go to https://fmcchat.ford.dxcdynamics.com/chat and start a chat. Using your VIN you can get the latest location information and an estimated day of arrival. They, usually, can't provide details from when your vehicle boards the transportation ship until it clears US customs.

Here is my recent chat with them:

NameThom Dealer NameLone Star FordYMM2018 Ford Focus RSProductWF0DP3TH4XXXXXXXX Can you give me a delivery status update?

Please wait. An operator will be with you shortly.

Ray says:
**Hello Thom My name is Ray, it is in the NJ port and the ETA to the dealer is Jan 19-25
Thom Murphy says:
**Great! is there any additional information that might be useful, such as a rail car number? What is the best way to track it's progress? My Salesperson no longer works for the dealership and they've failed to return my calls.
Ray says:
**I cannot give out any rail or truck numbers. Best is to just check with us periodically.
Thom Murphy says:
**OK. Thank you, goodbye.
Ray says:
**You're welcome

You can also call the tech line. However, some people seem to prefer chat, including myself. Below is a link a somewhat recent article from Ford Performance regarding vehicle tracking, the phone number is near the end of the article Vehicle Tracking system

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
This is exactly what I was looking for - THANK YOU!

**UPDATE** - I called the above link and spoke to a Ford rep who told me my car has been built and is 'In Transit'. She couldn't offer anymore information and told me to contact my dealer.

201 - 214 of 214 Posts