Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are some instructions on how to track the status of your vehicle once you have a complete 17 character VIN number.

There are four sections to this guide:
(1) How to track the build of your RS
(2) How to track the land shipment from Saarlouis to Zeebrugge
(3) How to track the ocean shipment from Zeebrugge to North America
(4) How to view your Window Sticker

(1) How to track the build of your RS

Where do I get a VIN number?
- Contact your dealer and ask them to send you the VIN, when it enters the planning process (partial VINs will not work)
- Contact @FordService and ask them to send you the VIN.

I have a 17 character VIN number:

1) Navigate to the Ford ETIS website (no logons are required): FordEtis home page

2) Click on the "Vehicle" link in the top left corner.

3) On the Vehicle Lookup page, enter your 17 character VIN number into the "VIN Entry:" input box and click the "Search" button

WDToYOV.png

Note: after 15 to 30 minutes the ETIS session will stop working and will require you to start from the beginning.

If you have been given a VIN number by your dealer (or FordService) it should be active in the ETIS database in a few days (1 to 7 days). Hence, you should see a screen like the one below. The "REUSE" status is a good status indicating that a VIN number has been reserved in the planning system. The "Build Date:" of "30.11.0002" is a default value that everyone gets. This is normal. Your dealer or FordService can provide you with an exact estimated build date. Currently, the actual production will typically occur 9 to 10 calendar days after the VIN appears in ETIS as "REUSE". It will show "REUSE" until the vehicle is built (or the VIN is canceled).

hIrlh81.png

Once the vehicle starts the build process, ETIS will start returning more information. Typically, the build will take 1 to 3 days to finalize in ETIS. Progressively, more and more information will appear. The "Build Date:" will likely change during those days, typically slipping a few days (e.g. 21.03.2016, 22.03.2016, 23.03.2016 ; note dd.mm.yyyy format). The color of the vehicle can be found in the "Paint:" field (everyone sees the Tangerine Scream picture). More information (or confusion) can be found farther down the webpage. If you query ETIS at the very beginning of the report process, very little information will appear. Wait several hours or until the next day, and it should populate with all of the information.

The detailed information displayed by ETIS for options is not always correct. Info for options like wheels, tires, and moon roof (sunroof) can be sketchy. Paint color appears to be reliable. Sometimes the vehicle will indicate that it is not an RS model. Wait several days and it usually is corrected. The important info to get from ETIS is that your VIN number was built.

e9N3fzT.png

The chart below shows how long it has taken for the first 423 North America vehicles to change from "REUSE" status to "Built" status in ETIS. Currently, it is taking 9 to 10 calendar days. Earlier this month, it was 8 to 15 days.

9QhzBE8.png

As long as ETIS keeps reporting "REUSE" you are in good shape.

If it changes from "REUSE" to: "We are sorry, but no information could be found for the VIN/Registration number you entered - "
1) Check to be sure you entered the VIN correctly.
2) Start a new browser session of ETIS, and try again.
3) Wait several hours and try again, sometimes the database undergoes maintenance and will erroneously report this message.
4) Be very sad ... (the VIN has been canceled and should be rescheduled at some later time).

If you are doing a query to ETIS on Saturday or Sunday, it may return a message indicating that the VIN is no longer available or the Server is not available. This is the message you get when the ETIS server is undergoing maintenance. Your VIN has not been removed.

(2) How to track the land shipment from Saarlouis to Zeebrugge

The best method is to contact your dealer or to contact Ford Customer Service. They can provide you with an exact status of when the vehicle is awaiting shipment and when it has actually shipped from the Saarlouis plant. It will be placed on a semi-truck car hauler and moved by land to the Zeebrugge (Belgium) sea port.

ETIS does not directly report when your RS is trucked to the Zeebrugge port. But, it appears that the ETIS "Build Date" changes when your RS is "awaiting shipment". For example if you query ETIS daily while your vehicle is being built, you will notice that ETIS will change the "Build Date" a few times. Typically, the date will slide a few days and then will stay consistent. But, if you see the "Build Date" get updated more than 10 days later to the current date, then that appears to correlate with the vehicle being placed into the "awaiting shipment" status.

(3) How to track the ocean shipment from Zeebrugge to North America

You will need your VIN number. This assumes that your vehicle will be placed on one of the W&W affiliated ships. The first two shipments to the west coast USA, used W&W. The third boat shipment was on a NYK ship that does not provide public information of the cargo and is headed to Canada and east coast USA ports. The fourth and fifth boats are headed to the west coast USA. They did not use the North America VIN number in the bookings for the Tiger and Torino, so it is not possible to query the manifest with the North America VIN.

1. Toscana (W&W) / Departed Zeebrugge on 12-Apr-2016 / 8 vehicles / Destination Ports = Baltimore 22-Apr, Hueneme 06-May
  2. Aida (W&W) / Departed Zeebrugge on 18-Apr-2016 / 8 vehicles / Destination Ports = Baltimore 28-Apr, Hueneme 12-May
  3. Grand Legacy (NYK) / Departed Zeebrugge on 18-Apr-2016 / ~250 vehicles / Destination Ports = Halifax 02-May, NewYork 04-May, Baltimore 09-May, Jacksonville 12-May
  4. Tiger (W&W) / Departed Zeebrugge on 27-Apr-2016 / 32 vehicles / Destination Ports = Baltimore 06-May, Hueneme 20-May
  5. Torino (W&W) / Departed Zeebrugge on 02-May-2016 / 25 vehicles / Destination Ports = Baltimore 12-May, Hueneme 26-May

The Ford guys have indicated that the vehicles will be shipped to the following North America ports for the following locations:
  • Halifax = All of Canada
  • New York / Newark = AK,CO,CT,IL,IN,MA,ME,MI,MN,NH,NJ,NM,NY,OH,OK,OR,TX,UT,WA
  • Baltimore = IA,KS,MD,MO,PA,VA,WI,WV
  • Jacksonville = AL,AR,FL,GA,KY,LA,NC,SC,TN
  • Hueneme = AZ,CA,HI,NV
There may be some exceptions.

In general, W&W is being used for AZ,CA,HI,NV shipments. All other states are being delivered via the NYK RORO ships. NYK does NOT have any public online tracking of VIN shipments. Your dealer or Ford Customer Service can see the shipping record.

For a schedule of the next boats to leave Zeebrugge for North America see this thread:
http://www.focusrs.org/forum/11-focus-rs-purchasing/3506-roro-schedules.html

If your vehicle is on one of the Wallenius & Wilhelmsen affiliated ships:

1) Navigate to the Wallenius & Wilhelmsen website (no logons are required): W&W Track & Trace page

2) In the Quick Search frame, enter your 17 character VIN number into the "Cargo ID:" input box and click the "Track" button

iyD8zJx.png

3) The result of the search will show the details of the voyage (if your VIN is found).
1POUbf5.png

4) Click on the "Voyage Number" hyperlink for more details.

If you want to view any shipments of North America RS vehicles, in the Cargo ID field on the first page, only enter the first 7 characters of the VIN (WF0DP3T).
(Note: WF-zero-DP3T)

(4) How to view your Window Sticker

Our experience is that the Window Sticker becomes available 2 to 10 days after the ship leaves the Zeebrugge port with your vehicle. If you get a message: "The window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle." then the window sticker has not been generated yet. Likely due to the vehicle not being shipped from Zeebrugge, or it was only recently shipped from Zeebrugge (i.e. see the 2 to 10 days comment above).

To see the window sticker, in a web browser URL type the following:

http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=WF0DP3TH6G4114679

You will need to replace the example VIN number with your VIN number. Please note that you can't simply replace "4679" with your last 4 digits. The 9th digit (6) is a check digit that changes for each VIN number.

A PDF file will be displayed, like the one below:

ExampleWS.PNG

My window sticker query returns a restricted message.

RestrictedWS.PNG

Some of the window stickers are restricted. Talk to your dealer.

How to read the Window Sticker information?
How to know what ship your vehicle is on?

See this thread:
http://www.focusrs.org/forum/11-focus-rs-purchasing/4248-window-sticker-guide-how-read.html#post110332

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
This is awesome information.........

Now I Just Need An Effing Vin Number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angry-Meme-Face-Png-01.gif

This is really useful information.

Information that I used to track my car, after the order and shipping status threads were stopped.

I really, really appreciate all of the time and effort the original OP put into this thread.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Any idea how to find out any shipping info?
Build date 16.2.2016

Thanks for the info...this is awesome!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mine came up!

I have RS2 package here is whats comes up under "minor features"

Less Rear Mudflaps
Front Door Scuff W/Logo
Acc Media Hub 2XUSB+AU+SD Slot
Less Interior Pack
Less Front Mudflaps

With Hill Launch Assist
Rear Passenger Door
My Key
With Manual Liftgate
Saarlouis Plant Built
Less Special Equipment Package
Ford Corporate Badge
Less Exterior Dress Up Package
Less Marketing Flex Prep Pack

RS Badge
Less Special Order Paint
Less SVO Application/Label
Less Exterior Appearance Pack

Marketing Level 1
Less Dress Up RSO
(-) SVP
Less SIP
Exterior Paint - Solid
For Normal Temperature Zones
Less VP Application Label
Less Water Wading Equipment
Less Mass Customization Package
Less Fire Extinguisher Fixings

Kit - Enhanced Tyre Repair SVC
Less Global/Auto Closing
Power Front Windows One Touch Up/Do
Power Rear Window One Shot Up/Down
With Tinted Glass
Grille-Upper - Black Mesh
Acoustic Laminated Windscreen
Less Windshield Heat Shielding
Less Heated Windscreen
Less Console Ashtray

With Padded Dash
Mini Overhead Cnsl W/Sunglass Bin
Console - With Closed Bin
Int Environment Clr-Charcoal Black
Int Feat Colour - Charcoal Black
Front Floor Mats-Sport Logo
Rear Floor Mats - Sport Logo
Deluxe Headliner
With Illuminated Sunvisor - Drivers
With Illuminated Sunvisor-Passenger
With Aluminum Interior Door Handles
With LH Front Door Armrest
With RH Front Door Armrest
Less Interior Grab Handle Side Door
Less Rear Coat Hook
Less Luggage Compartment Net Kit

With Load Area Cover
Less Load Compartment Loops
Less Load Retention Net
Less Decklid Liner

With Load Floor Carpet
Less Interior Partition
Less Roof Rack

Rocker Panel Moulding - Sport
Less Exterior Door Frame Mouldings
Less Door Edge Guards
Less Auxiliary Roof Rack Crossbars

With Deployable Rear Spoiler
With Dipping Rear View Mirror
Dual Power Htd Signal Mirrors
With Body Coloured Exterior Mirror
With Driver Seat Back Map Pocket
Passenger Seat Back Map Pocket
With Front 4 Way Headrest
With Electric Driver Seat Recliner
Passenger Seat Recliner-Lever
Less Seat Track Covers
Less Special Seat Covers
Less Special Front Seat Covers
Less Special Rear Seat Covers

With Two Piece Rear Seat Cushion
With 60:40 Split - Folding Rr Seat
With 2 Way Adjustable Rear Headrest
Less Rear Seat Centre Armrest
With Rear Center Head Restraint
Less Driver Seat Lumbar Support
Less Passenger Seat Lumbar Support

With Drivers Heated Seat
With Heated Passenger Seat
Seat Belt Warn/Mndr-D/P Us Tel/Snd
With Driver 6 Way Pwr.Seat Adjuster
With Pass 2 Way Manual Seat Adjust
Less Trailer Coupling
Less Towing Pre-Pack
Less Front Towing Hook
Less Rear Towing Hooks
Less Trailer Sway Control (TSC)

Engine Cover - Under Hood
Body Coloured Exterior Door Handle
Body Coloured Tailgate Handle
Ignition Key Combination Pack 1
With Leather Gear Shift Knob
Less Door Lock Shields
With Child Proof Safety Lock
With Remote Controlled Tailgate Release
Less Second Remote Ignition Key
Less Door Auto Relocking

With Central Locking System
With Door Entry Remote Control Unit
Keyless Entry/Start - Passive
Capless Fuel Filler Without Lock
With Int. Rear Window Wiper/Washer
With Variable Intermittent Windscreen Wiper
Less Heated Washer Jet
Less Headlamp Washer/Wiper

Power Tilt/Slide Sun Roof
Less Tonneau Cover
With Body Coloured Roof
Less U/Body Corrosion Protect
Less Front Bumper Sensor Device

Front Bumper - Sporty (Body Colour)
Less Front Bumper Extension
Rear Bumper - R
Less Rear Bumper Skirt
Less Front License Plate Bracket

Belt D & P Fr 1 & 2 Row/D Kne Bag
Air Curtain Restrnt LH
Air Curtain Restrnt RH
Less Rear Side Air Bag Restraint
Sensor - Occupant Classification
3 Part Seat Belt- European Regultn
Retractable Rear Seat Belt-3Point
With Drivers 2 Stage Air Bag
With Air Bag Restraint-Pass 2 Stage
With Side Air Bag - Drivers Side
With Side Air Bag - Passenger Side
Less Passenger Air Bag Deactivation
With Isofix Hard Point Attachment
With Manual Adjust Frt.S.Belt Mount
Tether Anchorage Restraint-Style 2
Less Radiator Shutters
Components Unique For Alloy Wheels
Less Frame Mounted Fuel Filter
Cold Start -29 Deg C
Less Immersion Heater
Starter - Stop/Start System
With Compass Display
MFD TFT Touch Screen With Nav
Less Navigation System
With Message Centre
Less Navigation Data
Emergency Assistance
Less Driver Impairment Monitor
Less Blind Spot Information System
Less Lane Keeping Aid
Less Speed Sign Recognition

With Perimeter Anti-Theft
With Safeguard Anti-Theft Sys(Pats)
Less Rear Parking Aid
Less Front Parking Aid
Less Automated Parking System

Standard Duty Battery
Less A/V Jack
Sgl Tun/Sgl CD W/Sdars/HD LXF
ICE Feature Pack 21
Branded ICP/Mini EFP
With 10 High Series Radio Speakers
With Radio Subwoofer
Less Cell Phone Interface System
Sync III
With Steering Wheel Radio Controls
Less Electrical Outlet
Less Smokers Package
Less Power Point Plug - Rear

Rear View Camera-Fixed
With Auto Headlamps
With Black Fog Lamp Bezel
With Adaptive Headlamps Bi Xenon
DTRL Lamp Lit In Pos 0 And Pos
With Front Fog Lamps
With Black Headlamp Bezels
Interior Lighting-Ambient LED
With Footwell Lights
Fr Individual and Rr Map Lights
Frt L/R Lamps/Rear Single Lamp
With Glove Box Illumination
With Load Compartment Lamp
Tail lamps - LED Rear
High Mounted Stop Lamp W/Clear Lens
Less Rear Fog Lamps
Less Headlamp Levelling

With Automatic Headlamp Control

Italicized all "less" features

I also underlined some I think might be typo or error

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Thanks @F-R-S Just got my Vin from the dealer this morning and I just checked FordEtis. It shows just like you said with Reuse. Things are looking good :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Well, at least my VIN (Canada car) shows REUSE... not much else though - no real date yet.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Great thread!!

Question; How are folks determining what unit number their car is? I saw mentioned in another thread a member determined his was unit #170, and above it is stated the car shown was one of the first 35 produced.. I'm curious as to what I need to look at in my vin to see this.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Great thread!!

Question; How are folks determining what unit number their car is? I saw mentioned in another thread a member determined his was unit #170, and above it is stated the car shown was one of the first 35 produced.. I'm curious as to what I need to look at in my vin to see this.
I've made a post a while back with estimated North American build numbers for some in this forum. I did this by collecting all the data from all the NA VINs from ETIS and sorting by the build date, then by VIN number sequence. I can do this again, but build dates are updating all the time (sometimes across many days), so the number is really rough. I went from being in the 260s to 219 the other day because a bunch of dates that were originally before mine were updated to appear later.

Nobody really knows why the dates are shifting like they are.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great thread!!

I've made a post a while back with estimated North American build numbers for some in this forum. I did this by collecting all the data from all the NA VINs from ETIS and sorting by the build date, then by VIN number sequence. I can do this again, but build dates are updating all the time (sometimes across many days), so the number is really rough. I went from being in the 260s to 219 the other day because a bunch of dates that were originally before mine were updated to appear later.

Nobody really knows why the dates are shifting like they are.
Shoey, I'd say sort them in sequential VIN order. As you know, they are generally scheduling the VINs sequentially.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Shoey, I'd say sort them in sequential VIN order. As you know, they are generally scheduling the VINs sequentially.
If we go purely by the VIN sequence number (excluding all deleted VINs and including North American VINs only), here is what I have.

AS0379 17
focus pilot 36
The Hotness 82
Winter6 90
CoolTech 95
flGriffin 98
PiSigma 99
eyes4eveRS 169
ChadB916 185
TurboJunkie2.3 204
RSEngineer 205
Euroayres 208
kpflynn 222
RS 350 225
Shoey 229
dboyle23 237
ScottyMac 244
GTI2A32RS 361

·
Registered
65 Posts
Great thread!!

StevenP: if you are wondering...I got extremely lucky. My Ford Dealer was D**ing me around for months, saying they had an allocation when they didn't...I ended up buying someones car that they didn't want to wait for. I'll be driving 6+ hrs to get my RS and I couldn't be more proud (even if I didn't order it myself). I've been waiting for this car sine word leaked of it coming to NA but didn't have a dealer that knew about it. Notto mention, I was out of the country doing "man s**t" that prevented me from placing an order until Jan 16.

·
Registered
136 Posts
PER jdhorn88 the list of minor features is long. I have a 04.04.2016 build date with RS2 package and it shows the same thing. It does show items like

With Drivers Heated Seat
• With Heated Passenger Seat
• Seat Belt Warn/Mndr-D/P Us Tel/Snd
• With Driver 6 Way Pwr.Seat Adjuster

just hope the steering wheel is on the correct side:semi-twins:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I just checked mine having a build date of today, 4/5, but it is showing a build date of 4/4. Could this be true or should I give it a couple more days??? Pretty pumped right now!!!

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
I just checked mine having a build date of today, 4/5, but it is showing a build date of 4/4. Could this be true or should I give it a couple more days??? Pretty pumped right now!!!
It can change for at least two weeks, mine did. MAR11, MAR14, MAR30.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
It can change for at least two weeks, mine did. MAR11, MAR14, MAR30.
Okay... So don't count my chickens until it shows up in the Order Status thread under "Produced". Still pumped!!!

1 - 20 of 214 Posts