Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have many requests so here are my instructions.

1. Remove the cover plate behind the door handle
doorHandlePlug.JPG

2. Remove the Torx (t-25) screw.
doorhandlescrew.JPG

3. Use a flat blade interior tool or screwdriver to pry the assemble loose. Pry just enough to get it loose and use your fingers to remove the assembly.
Next remove the cable from the door handle light and the cable from the door switch, Now the assemble will be very loose and you can remove the door handle light and clear reflector assembly.
The above takes about 5 to 7 depending on tools used. Now you have the door handle light out.
This is the first step in removing the door panel.

DOOR PANEL REMOVAL
1. Remove the door handle assembly. (see above)

2. Remove the cover from the small speaker in the door, It just snaps off.
3. Remove the screw behind the upper door handle plate.
DoorPanelplate1.JPG

4. Remove the red reflector on the door, Snaps off with your fingers or small flat blade screwdriver. Remove the Torx screw behind the reflector.
doorpanelretainers.JPG

5. Next remove the trim piece from the arm rest by starting at the forward edge and pulling. It will slide forward after you get the forward edge loose.
armresttrim.JPG
6. Once the trim piece is removed, lift up the panel with the door controls and unplug the connector and set aside.
7. Remove to 2 screws from behind the arm rest (t-25).
8. Now the door panel is read to be removed. Starting from the top pry the door panel loose with your fingers. The door panel is held on with snaps. It will come lose with a little pull.
9. Remove this connector so the door panel will come completely off,. You will be able to slide the door handle assembly through the opening without disconnecting the door release cable.
DoorPanelHarness.jpg

10. Now you will see the connector to the door cubby light.
CubbyLight1024.jpg

11. Remove the connector and the door cubby light holder. Pry the prongs loose on each side of the light holder so you can remove the light holder from the clear light tube.
If the light tube come loose don't worry it just snaps back it place.

12. Replace the light holders (door cubby and door handle) with the new ones and reassembly. Make sure you have the cables pulled through their opening before you snap the door panel back in place.
DoorPanelFinal.JPG

I will upload more pictures later and add them to this post.

Reactions: insanekiwi

·
Registered
78 Posts
Is there a puddle light wire in the doors? Or a wire I can tap to get a light to turn on when I open the door and shut off when I close it? I've been searching for ages and I cant seem to find one!! This is one of the features I miss from the ST. Cant believe my fully loaded RS2 doesn't have this standard.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a puddle light wire in the doors? Or a wire I can tap to get a light to turn on when I open the door and shut off when I close it? I've been searching for ages and I cant seem to find one!! This is one of the features I miss from the ST. Cant believe my fully loaded RS2 doesn't have this standard.
You could us either the door cubby light cable or the door handle light cable as both turn on when the door is opened but they also stay on when the lights are on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You could us either the door cubby light cable or the door handle light cable as both turn on when the door is opened but they also stay on when the lights are on.
Yeah see that would be the issue. I'm pretty sure I don't want them on when I'm driving at night lol. I don't wanna run a wire into the cabin because the wire will be visible in the door. Are the door modules that different from an ST? ST3's have that feature standard.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah see that would be the issue. I'm pretty sure I don't want them on when I'm driving at night lol. I don't wanna run a wire into the cabin because the wire will be visible in the door. Are the door modules that different from an ST? ST3's have that feature standard.
Basically the only difference is the light holder. The RS has a 2 pin connector and the ST ST3 have a 3 pin connector and of course the circuit board inside the light holder.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the lights and instructions. I have all lights done except for the door handles, but as soon as they come in, they'll be done. Now I have to do my front cornering lights and I am basically done with my interior/exterior lighting project.
They should be at your door very soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have many requests so here are my instructions.

1. Remove the cover plate behind the door handle
View attachment 293473

2. Remove the Torx (t-25) screw.
View attachment 293481

3. Use a flat blade interior tool or screwdriver to pry the assemble loose. Pry just enough to get it loose and use your fingers to remove the assembly.
Next remove the cable from the door handle light and the cable from the door switch, Now the assemble will be very loose and you can remove the door handle light and clear reflector assembly.
The above takes about 5 to 7 depending on tools used. Now you have the door handle light out.
This is the first step in removing the door panel.

DOOR PANEL REMOVAL
1. Remove the door handle assembly. (see above)

2. Remove the cover from the small speaker in the door, It just snaps off.
3. Remove the screw behind the upper door handle plate.
View attachment 293489

4. Remove the red reflector on the door, Snaps off with your fingers or small flat blade screwdriver. Remove the Torx screw behind the reflector.
View attachment 293497

5. Next remove the trim piece from the arm rest by starting at the forward edge and pulling. It will slide forward after you get the forward edge loose.
View attachment 293505
6. Once the trim piece is removed, lift up the panel with the door controls and unplug the connector and set aside.
7. Remove to 2 screws from behind the arm rest (t-25).
8. Now the door panel is read to be removed. Starting from the top pry the door panel loose with your fingers. The door panel is held on with snaps. It will come lose with a little pull.
9. Remove this connector so the door panel will come completely off,. You will be able to slide the door handle assembly through the opening without disconnecting the door release cable.
View attachment 293513

10. Now you will see the connector to the door cubby light.
View attachment 293521

11. Remove the connector and the door cubby light holder. Pry the prongs loose on each side of the light holder so you can remove the light holder from the clear light tube.
If the light tube come loose don't worry it just snaps back it place.

12. Replace the light holders (door cubby and door handle) with the new ones and reassembly. Make sure you have the cables pulled through their opening before you snap the door panel back in place.
View attachment 293529

I will upload more pictures later and add them to this post.
Hi, where can I get the blue light for door panal? I have a 2015 Focus ST MK3 Facelift.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The ST already has the capability to change color of the lights. The RS does not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts