Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I know this is an older thread but how have the LEDs held up. Have they lasted? I see a lot of reviews mentioned of them burning out on a lot of different websites.
Has anyone tried the Sylvania H11($100) or H8 ($70) ZEVO LEDS? Advanced auto carries them in store with a free 5 year replacement. Is there going to be any difference in H8 vs H11 since there is a fairly big price difference? They’re both listed as fitting the fog lights on their website and as other have said about other brands on here too.

·
Premium Member
5,848 Posts
Bumping this up!

I just did the mrs. headlights and stumbled on this.

What is the right size for the fog lights for the RS?

H11 or H8?

the Zevo LEDS has a $15 berate at O'Reillys right now

·
Premium Member
5,848 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,848 Posts
I just ordered it and it will be in the store tomorrow

·
Premium Member
5,848 Posts
I know this is an older thread but how have the LEDs held up. Have they lasted? I see a lot of reviews mentioned of them burning out on a lot of different websites.
Has anyone tried the Sylvania H11($100) or H8 ($70) ZEVO LEDS? Advanced auto carries them in store with a free 5 year replacement. Is there going to be any difference in H8 vs H11 since there is a fairly big price difference? They’re both listed as fitting the fog lights on their website and as other have said about other brands on here too.

Just to answer this question, the ZEVO LEDS:

H11 is a 12/24V 14W bulb its a straight design that has a tail for connection.

H8 is a 12.8V 9W bulb and its the same design as the OE fog bulbs.

On a side note the H8/H9/H11/H16 shares the same socket pattern, but differences on the wattage:

I am very tempted to slap on an H8 LED Fog bulbs on the Mrs C-Max (as her low beams) but I'm afraid that it might melt the housing. 😅

·
Premium Member
5,848 Posts
Picked them up today at the O'Reilly store:

It was $75.41 OTD, still getting $15 rebate back so not too bad.

It'll be plug an play. the H11 is not L-shape:

• It's $99 before taxes.
  • Has a 5 year warranty vs 3yr of the H8/H16.
  • Has a tail you need to secure so no clunking.
  • Also eligible for the $15 rebate.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts