Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapping the fog light bulb is fairly easy and straight forward. I took some pics of my installation to provide a guide for others.

Tool needed:
T25 torx screwdriver
Gloves (recommended)

Lifting the front end makes this install easier, but is not necessary.

The FoRS foglight...very illuminating.

FoRS foglight.jpg

Slip your hand behind the plastic cover. The spot by the brake duct intake grill is optimal.

FoRS foglight trim removal.jpg

Gently pull away from the front, working your hand around the trim to separate it from the bumper skin.

FoRS foglight trim removal 2.jpg

The foglight exposed.

FoRS foglight exposed.jpg

This is the only time you'll get your wrenching on. Remove this torx bolt.

FoRS foglight bolt.jpg

There are two retaining tabs which need to be pressed inward. The foglight can then be pulled straight out.

FoRS foglight tab.jpg
FoRS foglight tab 2.jpg

Locate the plug at the base of the bulb. Press on the retaining clip, and gently wiggle the plug free.

FoRS foglight bulb.jpg

The U shaped portion is what you will press down in the step above.

FoRS foglight plug.jpg

Your foglight is now completely free. Twist the bulb to remove. Replace with your choice of aftermarket or OEM bulb.

FoRS foglight bulb installed.jpg

Re-installation is the reverse: plug the bulb in, slide the foglight back in to place (ensure the retaining tabs click in), return the bolt to the proper place, insert the foglight trim in to the bumper skin.

Now go tear up the asphalt!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Awesome. Just did this today. Took 10 minutes.

·
Registered
476 Posts
It's a great upgrade.

Did it a couple of days ago.

Really thinking of going with yellow. Might buy another set so I can swap in and out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's a great upgrade.

Did it a couple of days ago.

Really thinking of going with yellow. Might buy another set so I can swap in and out.
Did you or anyone else install LED replacement bulbs?

If yes, where did you get them? Kelvin level?

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
So to understand this correctly. H8 is the oem size but H11 LED bulbs fit as well?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Wow, so I went with the Philips LEDs and the look is much improved. The 6K range is a tad higher than the headlights but much more in line than before...What an easy mod....I've done a lot of these on different cars and never, ever has it been this easy to do....Kudos to the engineer who designed these! Lol

I also bought another set with the yellow film. As easy as this is to do I'll definitely try both. The yellow fogs definitely help in bad weather...

·
Registered
82 Posts
just bought these ,tech guy said they would fit.. the pics on amazon look real bright,the yellow looks very good..

CAR ROVER H11 H8 H9 LED Fog Lights Lamps Replacement - Dual Color In 1 (6000K/3000K) - Pack of 2

Roll over image to zoom in
CAR ROVER H11 H8 H9 LED Fog Lights Lamps Replacement - Dual Color In 1 (6000K/3000K) - Pack of 2
by CAR ROVER
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 customer reviews
Price: $66.99
Sale: $29.99 Free Shipping for Prime Members
You Save: $37.00 (55%)
Your cost could be $24.99: Qualified customers get $5 in Gift Card funds on first $100 reload of their Amazon Gift Card Balance. Learn more
Only 6 left in stock.
Want it Thursday, Feb. 16? Order within 2 hrs 30 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout. Details
Sold by CAR ROVER and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
Size: H11/H8/H9

New Bi-Color Design: Two colors in one, 6000k white light(default), switch to 3000k yellow light if turn off and on again.
2800 Lumens: 4 Pieces of Extremely bright COB LED chips Per Bulb.
Compatible Fitment Size: Fit for H11/ H8/ H9, Used for Fog llight ONLY. (confirm correct size needed before ordering, and these bulbs are not headlights, no high/low beam function).
Easy Installation: No hassle Plug & Play, fits directly into stock housing and sockets. Polarity specific, if it doesn't light up please flip the adapter and try again (some car use negative wire for power).
What You Get: 2 x CAR ROVER Bi-Color Fog lights, and our fan-favorite 12-month warranty and friendly customer service.

› See more product details
New (2) from $29.99

Roll over image to zoom in
View Image Gallery

Look great so far
By Speed3 on Feb 06, 2017
I figured since there were only 2 reviews i would put my 2 cents in .. so far there good only about 10 mins of run time but i took pictures ! Ok so i have a few pics of fog lights alone and fogs against 6000k hid headlights.. hope it helps. Car is a 10' mazdaspeed 3.. i'll update later after i put on some hrs on these leds
Was this review helpful?
Helpful (5)
Not helpful (0)
Images in this review 81iiYi0w8eL._SL256_.jpg 81umXBzygQL._SL256_.jpg 81mx4f2UhjL._SL256_.jpg 718CErYoEVL._SL256_.jpg foglights1.jpg foglights2.jpg foglights3.jpg install was easy ,took the hella film off. 0219171819.jpg 0219171817.jpg

·
Registered
510 Posts
just bought these ,tech guy said they would fit.. the pics on amazon look real bright,the yellow looks very good..

About to pull the trigger on these because 1) I can't decide between white and yellow, and 2) I like toys that I can play with.

But, since these things toggle color based on turning the lamps on and off, does this mean that they will swap colors any time the automatic lights come on? Cause, I kinda feel like that might get annoying, especially at dawn/dusk when the light sensors seem to have a problem making up their mind.

But for $30 (with a 1 year warranty) and the choice to pick between colors as the mood or situation dictates, it seems like a pretty good option. Just wondered if you noticed the color change with the auto lights.

·
Registered
82 Posts
hey dog.when you start the car and turn on the fogs they always turn on white 6000k .turn them off then on again ,yellow 3000k. as for auto lights, i dont think they change .good luck.

·
Registered
510 Posts
hey dog.when you start the car and turn on the fogs they always turn on white 6000k .turn them off then on again ,yellow 3000k. as for auto lights, i dont think they change .good luck.
That's perfect, thanks! Exactly what I was hoping for. How are they holding up? Sounds like they fit securely, but wanted to see from someone with an RS.

Just ordered a pair, happy to get rid of the gross halogens that are OEM.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Pay attention on securing the bezels back on after doing this. If not its going to be an expensive lesson learned if your even able to get the replacement for part for it. Just saying

·
Registered
510 Posts
Just an update/FYI for the bi-color CAR ROVER lamps.

The Auto-light feature WILL toggle the color swap on the fogs. I left the house this morning with white fogs, sun came up on the way to work, went into a tunnel, and yellow fogs came on.

Not a huge issue, just wanted to let folks know what to expect.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts