Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Old Forscan thread to the rescue - will try this tomorrow:

You know that scene in A New Hope where it sounds like everyone's screaming but in fact R2 & '3PO saved them by opening all the doors and what they were hearing were actually cheers from the gang? It's like that.

It worked! Grief it's so much quieter. I love it. I can actually hear the stereo with the windows down, the bangs (no, not pops, bangs) & burbles from the Cobb turbo back, the annoying drone is gone, and the whole cabin's quieter. Ah so much better.

So, Forscan + Engine Sound Enhancement dropdown menu? No, but Forscan + ACM As Built + code change? Yeppers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Do you mean ACM, or is AMC specific to Australia?

I mainly ask because I don't see an option for Engine Noise Enhancement in the North American RS in any of the ACM modules, nor anything named AMC.

Now, I could be blind, so.. ¯\(ツ)

I'll post a few screenshots of what I do see, tomorrow. I would love to disable this, ideally through Forscan; something about disabling it through software feels better, dunno.

Sorry for the delayed response! I have probably made a typo at the time due to the excitement of figuring it out. It’s also made me happy to see others here follow the same path and hear the car without the FENG.

You are probably right and it is ACM (Audio Control Module?) as opposed to AMC.

As for the visual differences of our boot/trunk. My understanding is they vary from USA to Europe to Aus. I think it also depends on the sync version you have either 2 or 3. I have a sync 3. There is no sun in the boot or physical FENG unit. That said there was 100% fake engine noise before and it sounded crap.

I will read back through the thread and try and follow up on what I said I was going to do. Like posting screenshots. Sorry for anyone who was waiting for those. That said if my instructions and gamble on bricking my car lol! has helped anyone else risk it and turn off FENG. I am glad I was able to help. Lots of great info on this forum and happy to give back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
This is not my image, but to save me ****ing about again (and pushing my luck and bricking the RS!) I spotted this photo from a separate thread about upgrading audio and wanted to post here for completeness. This is also from an Aus Car (and I think also a limited edition), so maybe we have a different ECU to the USA
Automotive design Font Line Technology Gas

?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts