Ford Focus RS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
2.472 resistance = 75*F = does break/lock MFT and ICP to 75*F,, but I'll take cheaply tricking the car into thinking its cooler... DTCs and Climate Control fixed. But it didn't throw any codes using the resistor yet. It seems to be using dumb logic as indicated on other forums and using this resistor fixed the DM, AWD not being available...

As I assumed...the temp prob also isn't changed by lengthening the wire for those interested in just re-locating the sensor to a place not so vulnerable or who want to use UK mirrors VS EU.

Problem SOLVED...It was the female connectors losing there internal retention...it was making very poor contact...I must have bent the retention mechanism while pulling those pins.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Still waiting to see if anyone has a solution for the euro rear fog wiring :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have some ideas (could be as simple as having to perform service module > BCM reset to force the module to start up that programming to control out of the bcm seeing as its already passing across the lin bus to the BCM, that's why it didn't enable on his car and I will be investigating that tomorrow if I have time. I'm done with work for awhile, so I should have it resolved very soon, I already have the switch ready I just didn't want to start stacking potential bugs up so solving this mirror issue first was essential (upon very close inspection (probe to feel the lack of engagement) it was clear the pins were not engaging correctly and that was the issue).

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I did end up pulling out the temp probe anyway just for ****s and giggles (moving it to safe location if I go back to the temp prob, but testing resistors atm for my performance hack) and it isn't that hard at all...here is the PN jic anyone else needs to replace it. You do need a LONG thin phillips to get to that screw inside the fold mech.
Weird, mine was a torx screw, same as the ones that hold the mount cover to the mount. Hopefully my kuga mirrors will be in next week so I can start my conversion =)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry to repeat a question, did we ever find the product #s for these and where to order? I want to make sure I get the correct ones.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Sorry to repeat a question, did we ever find the product #s for these and where to order? I want to make sure I get the correct ones.
First post has all the correct info I have, otherwise I don't have it. You can cross reference that number to make sure. https://www.myparto.com/de/karosserieteile/aussenspiegel-spiegelglaeser/ORIGINAL-Ford-Aussenspiegel-Seitenspiegel-FOCUS-III-MK3-bis-2015-rechts-2308812_FO710R739W has stock again

Got my carbon caps installed today, mirrors are now perfect!!! 9t7lk3l.jpg

·
Registered
122 Posts
Got the parts list and pricing from fordpartsuk.

The covers are matte black, couldn't source them in gloss black like the 2018.

Part Number(s):*2308816 2308812 2097328 2100809 1675129 1675130 1469511 1746419 2192729 2192733 LHD, Dual Power / Heated/ Folding /Puddle Lamp/ Turn Signal Mirrors Without Blind Spot Information System*
Part(s) Description:
2308816 - LH Mirrror - £127.60
2308812 - RH Mirror - £119.43
2097328 - LH indicator lamp - £26.49
2100809 - RH Indicator lamp - £26.49
1675129 - RH puddle lamp - £10.98
1675130 - LH puddle lamp - £10.98
1469511 - LH mirror glass - £49.27
1746419 - RH mirror glass - £49.27
2192729 - LH mirror cover - £62.37
2192733 - RH mirror Cover - £62.37
Courier:*Parcelforce
Parts Price:*£545.25
Postage Price:*£60.00
Total Payable: £605.25

Hope this helps anyone, this route is expensive... $900 but new and exactly what you need.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Got the parts list and pricing from fordpartsuk.

The covers are matte black, couldn't source them in gloss black like the 2018.

Part Number(s):*2308816 2308812 2097328 2100809 1675129 1675130 1469511 1746419 2192729 2192733 LHD, Dual Power / Heated/ Folding /Puddle Lamp/ Turn Signal Mirrors Without Blind Spot Information System*
Part(s) Description:
2308816 - LH Mirrror - £127.60
2308812 - RH Mirror - £119.43
2097328 - LH indicator lamp - £26.49
2100809 - RH Indicator lamp - £26.49
1675129 - RH puddle lamp - £10.98
1675130 - LH puddle lamp - £10.98
1469511 - LH mirror glass - £49.27
1746419 - RH mirror glass - £49.27
2192729 - LH mirror cover - £62.37
2192733 - RH mirror Cover - £62.37
Courier:*Parcelforce
Parts Price:*£545.25
Postage Price:*£60.00
Total Payable: £605.25

Hope this helps anyone, this route is expensive... $900 but new and exactly what you need.

80)... I warned lol, but man it was worth it for me. Still my favorite thing I've added by far + it saves me 30 seconds every-time I have to leave my garage...lol... Ebay has donor mirrors at decent prices sometimes (usually 40-80 EUR) + s&H, so that will save a bit, but not a whole bunch.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Just a update. Everything is still working very well, just had to add some lubricant to quiet a squeak.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Just a update. Everything is still working very well, just had to add some lubricant to quiet a squeak.
Awesome! This is still on my to-do mod list for the car, but no idea when I'll get it done.

Did you use a tool to repin the connectors? I used a jewelry screwdriver to repin the hazard switch for the euro radio fascia, but almost destroyed the pin in the process and it took forever. Any insights as to making your mod easier would be appreciated!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Curious as well. Just ordered the parts but do I just need some male to female jumper wires to connect certain pins that are there or I have to physically alter the connectors?

I know nothing about electrics so this is all Greek to me.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
A good headlamp and I made my own tool by filing square a dental pick I straightened (this still best for picking the lock tabs) while applying a gentle tugging pressure on the desired wire.

I took the wires from a donor harness I bought from the EU ebay sites/German ford dealer (eu focus harness with power-folding/puddles will have the correct color wires so its factory if you want) and I re-pinned the original connectors to match as described in the first post. I also did damage the receiving pins when removing them, but was able to reform them easily, that the only real problem I had during this whole process, but I discovered a kinda secret mode the car has during the process so it was worth it. The first page had links to videos that show how to remove the pins I thought, if not I will go back and add those. We discussed which pin profile best matches the ford one used on our cars (ebay has several options to try), but I don't think I can say for sure which one it is. You can get a pin tool on amazon for 5-10$ and it seems to be a bit more gentle vs the dental pick I originally used. Overall its a simple great mod if you can get the mirrors for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
Just pinning won't do anything the wires aren't there on our US harness, you have to add the pins/wires from those pins to connect and complete those circuits or just transfer the whole wire from a donor harness. Can't edit post anymore on this ****ty forum software...Wiring Help is the link to help break down connectors. You could even buy a US harness and reuse those if you don't want to build your own wiring and care about the colors matching the service manual.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just pinning won't do anything the wires aren't there on our US harness, you have to add the pins/wires from those pins to connect and complete those circuits or just transfer the whole wire from a donor harness. Can't edit post anymore on this ****ty forum software...Wiring Help is the link to help break down connectors. You could even buy a US harness and reuse those if you don't want to build your own wiring and care about the colors matching the service manual.
Much appreciated. When you say harness, do you mean the one inside the US mirror?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
if you buy the right mirrors the pins/wires are already there with no changes needed, otherwise you could disassemble and manually add puddle-lights to any mirror.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Are the turn signal housings the same size between the two markets? or are the EU ones quite a bit smaller?

41 - 60 of 78 Posts