Ford Focus RS Forum banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Great add-on this thread and the pics as stellar.

So the smaller side mirrors also help on less wind drag, hence more HP!
You know it! And don't forget the smoked indicators! Easily adds another 5 HP. Now that I think about it though, I should've taken a pic of the US ones folded in to compare to these Euro ones folded in. I'm pretty sure these ones fold in more than the US ones. Probably why the base is angled and the shape is different, as the mirror housing curves towards the bottom inside of the mirror (vs the straight down design on the inside of the US version).

Reactions: jefferysanders

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
Did you also did the "RS" puddle lamp ?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
Jebus!

I'm blind!

Can you get any brighter than that?!

Reactions: Si2RS

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Wow really bright... next mod maybe for me..

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
913 Posts
Jebus!

I'm blind!

Can you get any brighter than that?!
Yup! I love it! Well, maybe it's a little over exposed with the auto settings in the pics.

Here are a couple with manual exposure when I focus on the light with my Pixel 5 camera:

Needless to say. There is no puddle on earth that can escape these beams of light! Haha!

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
Yeah, I think if you ever your have your low/high and fog go out you should still be ok with your puddle lamps to drive at night!

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
How much was this mod cost out the door?

How much additional cost was for the PPF and the ceramic coat?

·
Registered
913 Posts
How much was this mod cost out the door?

How much additional cost was for the PPF and the ceramic coat?
Taking into consideration the conversion rate at the time (which IIRC was around 1.25), and including the 2 rear headrests I included in the order, after shipping it came out to about $1200. The headrests would account for about $275 of that. PPF actually ended up being free because I had to keep bringing them back because it kept lifting (which I noticed it did again when I took them out of the box). If they didn't refund me, it would've been another $150 for the PPF and ceramic coating.

EDIT: Oh! Also add $140 for the Autobeam LED sequentials and puddle lamps. Also included in that cost were interior footwell LEDs and trunk LEDs.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
96 Posts
Looks great! I hope I can do this swap soon to get rid of the massive factory dumbo/SUV ears. I thought the euro ones were shorter than that, but either way it's a big improvement.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #191
They fold in a decent amount more, I have comparison pics somewhere.
Taking into consideration the conversion rate at the time (which IIRC was around 1.25), and including the 2 rear headrests I included in the order, after shipping it came out to about $1200. The headrests would account for about $275 of that. PPF actually ended up being free because I had to keep bringing them back because it kept lifting (which I noticed it did again when I took them out of the box). If they didn't refund me, it would've been another $150 for the PPF and ceramic coating.

EDIT: Oh! Also add $140 for the Autobeam LED sequentials and puddle lamps. Also included in that cost were interior footwell LEDs and trunk LEDs.
pretty much what I paid.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Yup! I love it! Well, maybe it's a little over exposed with the auto settings in the pics.
View attachment 348307
Here are a couple with manual exposure when I focus on the light with my Pixel 5 camera:
View attachment 348308
View attachment 348309
Needless to say. There is no puddle on earth that can escape these beams of light! Haha!
I love the way just those LED lamps look, I have both (but I never installed those);I;m sure I will once I get senile and blind and need the light lol or the logos fail.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Finally getting around to ordering stuff for mine. I ordered the Kuga mirrors a while back, but they don't fit. Going to try to sell them to someone with an escape. I ordered new aftermarket mirrors from TYC (310-0191 and 310-0192) that should be here beginning of February. Did some searching, and found that the terminal that is used on WT1010 that was linked is 6W8T-14474-BA, in case anyone just wanted to buy the pins. I think I'm just going to spend some extra $$ and make new harnesses though. Looks like WPT949 and WPT1185 are what is needed. They both come fully populated so I don't have to worry about getting any new pins.

I found a few harness/pigtail resources that I figured I would share:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Finally getting around to ordering stuff for mine. I ordered the Kuga mirrors a while back, but they don't fit. Going to try to sell them to someone with an escape. I ordered new aftermarket mirrors from TYC (310-0191 and 310-0192) that should be here beginning of February. Did some searching, and found that the terminal that is used on WT1010 that was linked is 6W8T-14474-BA, in case anyone just wanted to buy the pins. I think I'm just going to spend some extra $$ and make new harnesses though. Looks like WPT949 and WPT1185 are what is needed. They both come fully populated so I don't have to worry about getting any new pins.

I found a few harness/pigtail resources that I figured I would share:

Great finds! For the full, pre-populated connectors you referenced:

Wire Assembly 3U2Z-14S411-BMAB | TascaParts.com (WPT 949)

Wire Assembly BU2Z-14S411-AJA | TascaParts.com (WPT1185)

It may be easier to just build a few wires with pins and pop them in. The challenge seems to be with removing pins, not adding them. It would be a lot of work to splice in an entire new connector.

·
Registered
913 Posts

View attachment 348423

It may be easier to just build a few wires with pins and pop them in. The challenge seems to be with removing pins, not adding them. It would be a lot of work to splice in an entire new connector.

View attachment 348423

Excellent! WPT 949 is the one that I would need since I broke the two pin retaining clips. Maybe I'll pick one up and practice unpinning it. Haha!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Excellent! WPT 949 is the one that I would need since I broke the two pin retaining clips. Maybe I'll pick one up and practice unpinning it. Haha!
You can use a straightened out paperclip most times, it's not strong enough to break the clip, as it has some flex in the wire.

181 - 197 of 197 Posts