Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a fat bonus today I didn't expect, so I decided to go ahead and share the LOVE, please thank Mr. Tezza. from focusrsoc for all his help, I couldn't have done it without him!

A. Gather Needed tools and Needed Parts (part acquisition can be a pita, but persistence paid off for me):

Trim Tools + Waste Spare plastic Credit Card (or other card)
Torx bit set
Metric Sockets
Phillips Head

&

the parts below:

Wiring and Pins

OEM LHD-DS w/ Powerfold, Puddle Lights = BM51-17683-PH (in and out of stock on various sites)

OEM LHD-PS w/ Powerfold, Puddle Lights = BM51-17682-PH (in and out of stock on various sites)

Switch = F1ET-14132-CB (common on ebay) need trim for eu [member section of focusrsoc if you really want it or just drill a hole...]

https://www.newautoparts.com/oem-parts/ford-terminal-eu2z14474ba (untested, but should work...I got full harnesses for redundancy and testing, but that was very wasteful of $$$)

Whatever goodies you want to add to the mirrors - stylish puddles, sequential-side markers, tinted markers, carbon caps, etc.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
B. Remove Door panels -
____________________________________________________________________________________________

C. The needed pins on C652B and C501B are Pin 6 = Puddlelamps Pin 11= Powerfolding

DS

Pin 6 C501B ----(BN-VT)----> P4 C521
Pin 11 C501B ----(GN-VT)----> P8 C521

PS

Pin 6 C652B ---- (BN-YE)----> P8 C626
Pin 11 C652B ----(BN)----> P4 C626

--Move these two pins on PD C626--
SENSOR AMBIENT TEMP. ----(YE-GN)----> P12
CTRL MOD. - AMBIENT TEMP. SENSOR ----(BK-YE)----> P11
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

D. - Mount the mirrors, then
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

E. - Forscan > Bdy main config > set puddles to 02 O2YQl9K.png and retractable mirrors to 02 ni3s7Aa.png . Follow all on screen instruction EXACTLY.
F. - Reassemble adding the new switch then enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for posting this dude! Glad I found this on YouTube.

Definitely interested myself, those lights where did you purchase from? Appreciate the item #s.

Just want to make sure I'm getting the right source.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Murky purchase options. Don't feel confident in anything this far. Need a more concrete source.

Let me see if I can get ahold of a ford official inventory.

Can we confirm all part numbers needed and all info required? I have a contact in ford Europe who can put me in touch with suppliers directly if not still produced through ford.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Congrats on the bonus! Thanks for sharing so fast, your instructions make it look easy enough!

I have a parts request opened with FPUK for other stuff, wondering if they can get LHD parts too. Will ask them before I pay for the othef stuff and post back with P/N and pricing if I can bring a contribution to this thread this might be it!

Thanks!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They PNs are 100% confirmed as, I waited to post until I was sure of everything working. ;o). I warned about the acquisition of parts, otherwise its not that hard. I had to order from 3 places to get just the mirrors built the way I wanted.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Epic!!! Wish the rear fog was this easy too.

Do these auto fold when locking the car, or just with the manual button now on the mirror switch?

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
C. The needed pins on C652B and C501B are Pin 6 = Puddlelamps Pin 11= Powerfolding

DS

Pin 6 C501B ----(BN-VT)----> P4 C521
Pin 11 C501B ----(GN-VT)----> P8 C521

PS

Pin 6 C652B ---- (BN-YE)----> P8 C626
Pin 11 C652B ----(BN)----> P4 C626

--Move these two pins on PD C626--
SENSOR AMBIENT TEMP. ----(YE-GN)----> P12
CTRL MOD. - AMBIENT TEMP. SENSOR ----(BK-YE)----> P11
Can you elaborate what these pins are on and where they are located?

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
They PNs are 100% confirmed as, I waited to post until I was sure of everything working. ;o). I warned about the acquisition of parts, otherwise its not that hard. I had to order from 3 places to get just the mirrors built the way I wanted.
Sorry I meant to say I'll post pricing for each P/N from FPUK if they can procure those parts. If the pricing is good this would be an easy source of supply and will help other down the road hopefully! Still debating between OEM and aftermarket. Aftermarket is definitely easier to procure and cheaper but if I think I prefer OEM while I'm at it!

Do you happen to have the P/N for the trim by any chance? This one is hard to find so far! Have not bought anything yet but looking seriously now!

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Pretty sure those are the electrical connectors (e.g., C521) as referenced in the shop manual.
Sure is! Just need to figure out which connector is which once the door panel is removed! Maybe someone knows and can provide a picture pointing to which connector is which to make this clear!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Epic!!! Wish the rear fog was this easy too.

Do these auto fold when locking the car, or just with the manual button now on the mirror switch?
Both!!! I wired them up OEM from OEM parts.
They work 100% as intended. I just want to lick them, but they ain't a lady...they are proper and so so clean looking compared to the USDM ****....100%.

Here you go barroux, I updated the first thread also. Ya I'm going to fix some light typos, but the pin out pathways are correct (colors were wrong as it was dark and I am now looking back at pictures I have)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Thanks for all the useful info. I have been in the process of working this out, but want to use Kuga mirrors instead of focus mirrors. The Kuga power folding mirrors are the same shape as our USDM regular mirrors, so hopefully the glass and mirror cap can be swapped over

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Here you go barroux, I updated the first thread also.
Thanks! As far as I'm concerned this could not be any clearer now! C521/C526 would be the mirror connectors for anyone still wondering I guess.

One last question I guess, are the connections really inverted from the driver/passenger side for the wires to be added? DS = P6->P4/P11->P8, PS = P6->P8/P11->P4. Or is this just a retyping error, although I wouldnt be surprised they are actually inverted and this info is 100% correct!

It also seems like the connectors will use the same pins as the bcm connector (have lots of left over pins from the rear fog project)! I guess that's normal too probably standardized around the whole car harnesses. Lots of guessing in my post sorry!

Updated my previous request with FPUK, added every little bit in there, hoping they can supply everything and their cost is reasonable shipped to Canada. Will report back if that turns out to be successfull! Some parts I'm asking them to investigate as I didnt provide P/N for (mirror caps, window switch trim, etc) so this might take a few days!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Most ford connectors can easily be re-pinned and you can then use whatever connector you want if those mirrors have something different. It should work if the mirrors fit physically and the communication/power paths are the same.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
As a side note, the insides of the USDM window switch and pfm window switch look identical. Both have a button on the board for PFM, but only the UK one has the little button in it. There's a chance that if one could source that button, the stock one would work.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As a side note, the insides of the USDM window switch and pfm window switch look identical. Both have a button on the board for PFM, but only the UK one has the little button in it. There's a chance that if one could source that button, the stock one would work.
You can get the switch and trim, idk if just the button. You don't have to have the button for them to work I've been told, you just won't be able to manually fold them.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Guide updated with picture. It's a short run also, really no need to buy the harness...but if you look we got smaller speaker wiring also and maybe somebody could add blis mirrors...

·
Registered
709 Posts
Both!!! I wired them up OEM from OEM parts.
They work 100% as intended. I just want to lick them, but they ain't a lady...they are proper and so so clean looking compared to the USDM ****....100%.

Here you go barroux, I updated the first thread also. Ya I'm going to fix some light typos, but the pin out pathways are correct (colors were wrong as it was dark and I am now looking back at pictures I have)
Awesome!! Thank you. Wondering now too, if the mirror caps are the same. I'd like to keep mine NB. But, having them separated from any other NB parts, makes it a bit more forgiving to paint match if needed.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Awesome!! Thank you. Wondering now too, if the mirror caps are the same. I'd like to keep mine NB. But, having them separated from any other NB parts, makes it a bit more forgiving to paint match if needed.
focus power folding mirrors are physically a different shape than our standard usdm mirrors, and use different caps.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
About this Discussion
49 Replies
10 Participants
jefferysanders
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing