Ford Focus RS Forum banner
101 - 104 of 104 Posts
Discussion starter · #101 ·
Is it accurate that there is no overboost in 1st and 2nd gear?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No overpower in 1st gear via CAL. 2nd has it fully enabled. The tables at the beginning of the thread let you see this. I oft see it repeated that the stock vehicle limits 2nd gear, but there's no limit coming from OP or the standard Trans limits. I'd need to see a log with torque source of a stock vehicle in second to say for certain, but it looks like it has no limit.

sooo.....

if i go into overpower mode for 20 seconds, and it auto-switches into normal mode for say 8 seconds, can i mash it and have 8 seconds of overpower mode now?
or do i have to stay in normal mode for 20 consecutive seconds before i can get into overpower mode again?
Once you trip the counter, you have to wait the full 20s for it to re-enable on stock calibration.

I think this explains TONS! The next question is, is it possible to remove the count down timer for the RS and if so, is it safe to do so. Thanks @Bugasu !
It would be something tuneable. I know Cobb has it planned already on the chopping block

As for any way of doing it outside of a tune, I don't see it being a possibility.
Has this happened yet?

101 - 104 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.