Ford Focus RS Forum banner

How old are you?

• Total voters
501 - 520 of 563 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
39 years old myself. Just bought a cleanly used and low mileage 2017 RS2 on Wednesday, after settling for a new ST back in December. Still cant figure out why I didn't just get what I wanted the first time...lol. Currently putting the ST back to stock for either straight sale or I might trade it for a cleanly used Fiesta ST for a daily.

I still have a hard time describing the feeling i get driving an RS. Most people who don't know the pedigree just do not understand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd be great to see the age demographics here for the average age of an RS buyer. No need to be specific if you don't want.
Hello! I’m new here and have my RS being delivered by Carvana on Thursday 9/5. I’m quite excited, but i’m also mindful of my new toy not being “age appropriate” (I’ll be 59 in October). I bought a new ST about four years ago and the salesman asked “Are you buying this for your son?” Hey, at least he didn’t ask if it was for my grandson.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im at the tail end of that skewed bell curve (53). However this is not an issue as far as appreciation and enjoyment go. Just have to compensate for slower reflexes and learn what is going to happen at WOT.

·
Registered
421 Posts
approached by port authority police at rsw (ft.myers airport) while picking up a friend-thought he was attempting to move me along as the airport police usually do at airports pickup areas .He yelled what are you doing driving that ..A 2016 nitrous blue , I was taken back for a second as he exclaimed something about the car related to my age.I responded with" I don't drive slow cars" as his segway and him made a hasty retreat-made my day actually being a police officer made my week.By the way I am 69 years old.

·
Banned
589 Posts
39 years old myself. Just bought a cleanly used and low mileage 2017 RS2 on Wednesday, after settling for a new ST back in December. Still cant figure out why I didn't just get what I wanted the first time...lol. Currently putting the ST back to stock for either straight sale or I might trade it for a cleanly used Fiesta ST for a daily.

I still have a hard time describing the feeling i get driving an RS. Most people who don't know the pedigree just do not understand.

I understand where you’re coming from here. I feel like I really want the look & power of the RS, but keep finding myself looking at ST ads because it’s 12k cheaper. But I know deep down that the RS badge is what I really want. I also know that if I bought an ST that I’d be annoyed the first time it spun the front tires on acceleration. I agree with you, just buy want you really want the first time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
This Thursday, I'll be 63! Bought it a year and a half ago, for Christmas. Frozen White RS2 with sunroof. almost 40k on the dial.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I understand where you’re coming from here. I feel like I really want the look & power of the RS, but keep finding myself looking at ST ads because it’s 12k cheaper. But I know deep down that the RS badge is what I really want. I also know that if I bought an ST that I’d be annoyed the first time it spun the front tires on acceleration. I agree with you, just buy want you really want the first time around.

So true. I wanted a RS, but drove a FiST, and FoST first, and then lucked into my RS while at dealership looking at a FoST, it was gone when I got there, but the RS wasn’t. Now at 48yo, and 20k on the RS, it will probably be my last new ride. It gets driven as DD, along with my 88 LX coupe, and 93 Lightning, depending on what I feel like.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello! I’m new here and have my RS being delivered by Carvana on Thursday 9/5. I’m quite excited, but i’m also mindful of my new toy not being “age appropriate” (I’ll be 59 in October). I bought a new ST about four years ago and the salesman asked “Are you buying this for your son?” Hey, at least he didn’t ask if it was for my grandson.
Just got my RS last week also and I'm 59 too. Went from driving a UPS truck for 31 years to a RS...now retired. The fastest thing I've ever owned was a 1992 Toyota Camry V6. I plan on enjoying my retirement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m 71. The RS feel reminds me of late 60s, early 70s sports cars. It also gives you insane handling, and more power than the most expensive exotics of the day. It also starts in the rain, has windshield wipers that work, and doesn’t leak oil, transmission fluid, antifreeze or reared lube.
Yep. had a 280Z. Very awesome, but very unreliable.

·
Banned
589 Posts

Can you share how your Carava experience was? I’m considering this as well. Their prices are very reasonable & unlike Carmax, they will lower their prices w/o dealer fees. I was told they will also work around your schedule as best as they can for delivery times & dates. Most importantly, their cars are all bone stock & that’s just what I’m looking for.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm right behind you at 41. I love how the body starts to break down with age. Currently sitting at home with my left hand bandaged up from carpal tunnel surgery yesterday. Now I am having RS withdrawals from not being able to drive a manual at the moment. Few more days...

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm 50, but this is primarily my wife's car, and erm well she's older then 21 lets say..!

Being a Brit ex-pat I had to capture this part of my youth when I saw these for sale here in the US. All my (US) friends are a bit perplexed as to why I bought a Ford, when I am at that German car driving age. Obviously the RS brand isnt a thing here really.

Not the best - but definitely the most fun - car I've owned.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm 50, but this is primarily my wife's car, and erm well she's older then 21 lets say..!

Being a Brit ex-pat I had to capture this part of my youth when I saw these for sale here in the US. All my (US) friends are a bit perplexed as to why I bought a Ford, when I am at that German car driving age. Obviously the RS brand isnt a thing here really.

Not the best - but definitely the most fun - car I've owned.
I have been getting this same thing from a bunch of my friends and other people who know of my GT500 Mustang that I had some years back. Everyone thought I would get one of those again, and they were perplexed when I bought a second Focus. They have no idea what the RS badge really means. I have taken a couple of them for a ride and explained it to them, both by talking and then turning them white as I sling the car through the twistys….lol. I have had a few folks come up and chat with me that know what that RS badge means, but most just see another Focus. I have always been a big WRC fan all the way back into the late '80's. I wish WRC was more popular here in the US.

·
Banned
589 Posts
The RS is for people that know performance cars. The average person driving around in a Toyota Camry or Ford Fusion have no idea what an RS is. But guys that know, know. When you’re at an intersection & the one guy on the opposite side is looking directly at your car, he knows what it is.

501 - 520 of 563 Posts