Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Down Payment Amount

• Other than my downpayment $0, I live dangerously!

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • 10% with financing

Votes: 14 10.3%
  • 20% with financing

Votes: 33 24.3%
  • 30% with financing

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • 40% with financing

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • 50% with financing

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • 60% with financing

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Money talks, I'm rolling in there with it all!

Votes: 22 16.2%
  • Other, explain below

Votes: 4 2.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just reading through another thread and it stirred my curiosity on down payments.

What are folks planning/hoping to put down when their car shows up?

P.s. I'm shooting for 15k down, of course I'd love to put down more but as a 1099 worker Uncle Sam is going to be wrecking havoc on my bank account around the same time these cars show up lol

·
Super Moderator
15,480 Posts
I'm looking at 50% with the rest being financed.

No sense in paying for it all right out since there may be another situation that could pop up that would strain my financials.

Besides it would look better for the credit report with a few monthly on time payments.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm looking at 50% with the rest being financed.

No sense in paying for it all right out since there may be another situation that could pop up that would strain my financials.

Besides it would look better for the credit report with a few monthly on time payments.
Good thinking! 50% is a good chunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Whatever equity I have in my trade (should be around 5k) + enough to cover taxes + a couple grand for clear bra/tint/mods.

·
Super Moderator
15,480 Posts
Damn we have done ballers in here.
Go big, playa! It's only money or another pint at the blood bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
460 Posts
50% with 2 year financing for the rest.
Or I might just buy it all at once. Really the only reason for financing would be tax cuts.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thinking I'll put $10k down plus my trade in 08 Malibu LTZ FULLY LOADED, KBB has it at $9,500 right now for trade in.

So hope fully between the money down and the trade in, I should be right around $20k down on a $40k car, so I should only owe about half. I figure I will then finance the rest at what ever the best rate is I can find, regardless of the number of months.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It all depends on when it arrives. If it comes in march, I will be putting %25 down. If it arrives in May, I will have closer to %40. I am going to keep my Saab as my DD, so no trade in. Its been a great car and its fun to drive in its own right.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My down payment is basically going to be as close to $20k (which I should be able to get in a perfect world) I can get for my current car, and whatever else I can save up till delivery.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
70% down... and save some $$ for MODS!!!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm using all my extra cash to pay off my Wife's rig then get a 72 month for the whole thing, and pay it off in 24....
Smart boy... THAT's how you do it, right there. I better see that thing at your buddy's wedding. ;-p

1 - 20 of 36 Posts