Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
z62pclfrkkt8ub2fcmo4.png

I use this from time to time while I'm out to avoid and report incidents. It's been helpful so far and helpful when the SYNC system is acting strange in my cars. Plus it's helpful to creep on @sda3 from time to time.

Just came across this article over at Jalopnik:

Waze Thinks You're Cheating If You Drive Too Much

I haven't had any issues since signing up but I don't rack up a crazy amount of miles per day either.

·
Super Moderator
15,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It definitely saved my butt more than once!

And it's free.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Use it every day. Amazing how you can just start typing in an address or business name, and BAM!!! Up pops the address.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Totally had no idea it was something available to Windows Phone users.. It's setup.. shall be using it tonight when i trek to my datacenter =D, so.. 0 points? xD

·
Registered
512 Posts
Just went to install it on my phone, it basically asks for every permission that it can... If you're on Android I suggest you go into your app permissions and disable everything non-essential to the functionality of the app. Windows Phone and iPhone users... you're kinda stuck with it as is.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Just went to install it on my phone, it basically asks for every permission that it can... If you're on Android I suggest you go into your app permissions and disable everything non-essential to the functionality of the app. Windows Phone and iPhone users... you're kinda stuck with it as is.
In regards to iPhone users being stuck with it...we're not. If an application wants to access something on your phone it asks for your permission with a popup.

What is it asking for that you don't like? I assume it asks for read/write memory, location services, camera, microphone, and contacts. Maybe text messages to send automatic ETA updates?

·
Registered
512 Posts
I stand happily corrected. I don't see it needing much more than Location services for basic functionality. There may be some functions which will want access to camera or mic but I've got them all off except for Location and it's working just fine.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I stand happily corrected. I don't see it needing much more than Location services for basic functionality. There may be some functions which will want access to camera or mic but I've got them all off except for Location and it's working just fine.
Don't get me wrong, I don't use the camera or mic either with Waze. I just don't think it presents that big of a security concern to the average person.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I don't use the camera or mic either with Waze. I just don't think it presents that big of a security concern to the average person.
Software developers that request so many permissions without actually needing them generally means at the very least they can, and possibly do, sell information gathered via those permissions. In this age, privacy is king.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts