Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
876 Posts
I’ve been trying to figure out how Black RS’s have been made, but I haven’t seen any online site or anything for total made RS’s either. Anyone got a idea how many are in the US or made?

This comes from one of the Jalopnik writers. He is talking about RSs even though he doesn’t say. 2018 is limited so that should be easy. Problem is there were lots of 16s and 17s that were still unsold at the end of 2017 so this doesn’t give true production numbers...

Somewhere around here there is a thread that shows color distribution. White was the rarest if I remember right...

· Registered
224 Posts
I remember that Jalopnik thread.... David Tracy said the total number of the FSA was about 27,000.... so that's through most of 2017 production.

So 27,000 + a little bit in 2017 + all of the 2018's. I'd guess about 30,000 plus maybe another 10k for 2018?

· Registered
1,054 Posts

· Registered
2,812 Posts
I remember that Jalopnik thread.... David Tracy said the total number of the FSA was about 27,000.... so that's through most of 2017 production.

So 27,000 + a little bit in 2017 + all of the 2018's. I'd guess about 30,000 plus maybe another 10k for 2018?
So you dont believe 34,034 then?

Ciao

· Registered
2,812 Posts
I just received my production plaque from Boerni a few months back and it says #/34,034. He somehow has intel into the production numbers for Ford.
Same here, just received mine for my second RS. Boerni has apparently access to Fords data base. The latest Plaque now has the total production number as well as your cars individual number. Slightly out of character for me but I see no reason to disbelieve him when he says he has access to this information and the total builds seem to be in line with what others connected to the industry in Europe have estimated.
Why would you even bother with some sort of scam if thats what people are thinking. He could have probably sold as many plaques with just the VIN on it which is perfectly proveable.
BTW hes been doing this since 2010 for MK2 owners as well in Europe. I think if it wasnt ligit he would have been exposed by now.
Ciao

· Registered
224 Posts
So you dont believe 34,034 then?

Ciao
I don't know where the 34,034 came from. Seems an interesting number.

Jalopnik said that the 27,000 number for the FSA came directly from Ford. Assuming that the 27,000 encompassed ALL of 2016 and 2017 cars (we know it didn't because Ford said it was only from start of production through June 2017, but let's assume anyways) and they made 2/3's of the previous years averages for 2018, that's still 37,000ish.

Honestly, the difference between 34k and 40k doesn't make the slightest difference to me. It's not a rare car at 40k and going down to 34k doesn't change that fact.

I originally was interested because I was trying to figure out whether there were more GT350's or RS's in the USA. And that was just an idle curiosity I was trying to answer on a SUPER slow day at work.

· Registered
876 Posts
I don't know where the 34,034 came from. Seems an interesting number.

Jalopnik said that the 27,000 number for the FSA came directly from Ford. Assuming that the 27,000 encompassed ALL of 2016 and 2017 cars (we know it didn't because Ford said it was only from start of production through June 2017, but let's assume anyways) and they made 2/3's of the previous years averages for 2018, that's still 37,000ish.

Honestly, the difference between 34k and 40k doesn't make the slightest difference to me. It's not a rare car at 40k and going down to 34k doesn't change that fact.

I originally was interested because I was trying to figure out whether there were more GT350's or RS's in the USA. And that was just an idle curiosity I was trying to answer on a SUPER slow day at work.
What did you find? How many GT350s?

· Registered
224 Posts
What did you find? How many GT350s?
I forget actually, sorry. It was several months ago and being an idle curiosity, I didn't really write any of it down.

I remember that if you count TOTAL production the RS is far more common than the GT350 and R, but if you counted JUST the US, then the GT350 was more common. Make it the whole of North America and you were close. All of these were estimates though as Ford won't give exact numbers of each model, where, etc.... or maybe I just did not find that information.

· Registered
784 Posts
Same here, just received mine for my second RS. Boerni has apparently access to Fords data base. The latest Plaque now has the total production number as well as your cars individual number. Slightly out of character for me but I see no reason to disbelieve him when he says he has access to this information and the total builds seem to be in line with what others connected to the industry in Europe have estimated.
Why would you even bother with some sort of scam if thats what people are thinking. He could have probably sold as many plaques with just the VIN on it which is perfectly proveable.
BTW hes been doing this since 2010 for MK2 owners as well in Europe. I think if it wasnt ligit he would have been exposed by now.
Ciao
How do we get #34,899 of 34,034?

Ford has said this data doesn't exist to this level (build numbers, build dates are well known and do exist).

Mk2 data I believe is different, even the Mk3 ST data Ford provides (in the US anyway).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/204423799660069/permalink/1240986422670463/

· Registered
2,812 Posts
How do we get #34,899 of 34,034?

Ford has said this data doesn't exist to this level (build numbers, build dates are well known and do exist).

Mk2 data I believe is different, even the Mk3 ST data Ford provides (in the US anyway).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/204423799660069/permalink/1240986422670463/
An error, possibly,it happens. One person gets a plate made in error and the whole thing is automatically a scam.
Well here's hoping its not a scam, but if I've been mislead I'm one of many.
Just because Ford doesnt record build number totals doesnt mean people that have access to the other data cant work it out.

Edit....Ford doesnt have build number totals?....didnt I just read recently Ford announce that they have just produced the 10,000,000th Mustang?
https://autoweek.com/article/car-news/10000000th-ford-mustang-built-no-signs-slowing

Ciao

· Registered
784 Posts
An error, possibly,it happens. One person gets a plate made in error and the whole thing is automatically a scam.
Well here's hoping its not a scam, but if I've been mislead I'm one of many.
Just because Ford doesnt record build number totals doesnt mean people that have access to the other data cant work it out.

Edit....Ford doesnt have build number totals?....didnt I just read recently Ford announce that they have just produced the 10,000,000th Mustang?
https://autoweek.com/article/car-news/10000000th-ford-mustang-built-no-signs-slowing

Ciao
Not Ford overall, the RS. Ford knows exactly how many RS were built (you'd need to for something as simple as accounting), but doesn't appear they can link VIN to which order the car came off the line. The cars are likely built in batches where it's impossible to differentiate between #12,012 and #12,020.

· Registered
113 Posts
Actually possible, there are bar code on the roof of each car. I assume each car will be scan and recorded as they finish off the assembly line, PDI remove a lot of this stuff. My car didn't get touch by the dealer at all, so a lot of the stuff are still on it, like the bar code on the roof, oil change sticker from factory, parking lot location on the boat and pier, as well as the infamous shipping block.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.