Ford Focus RS Forum banner

How many plan on modding the RS?

37K views 200 replies 80 participants last post by  lstupar87 
#1 ·
Just a general question. I currently own a GTX2863 powered 2013 Focus ST3 with full bolt ons and a fuel system that a crazy local guy built for me. Cars makes 410/435 on E60 tuned by Unleashed tuning. I'm not active on the Focus forum but I have seen a lot of warranty talk on there. So how many plan to tune and leave stock, leave stock or go all out as parts are available.

#5 ·
Probably not much on the power side honestly. Brake pads/fluid for track use and maybe brakes themselves if the OEM bits don't hold up.

#11 ·
Only minor things such as tint for me... it will be my daily driver and I plan to keep it stock since I need/want it to last me a long time and with little to no headaches. The hope is that one day after I have it paid off and I'm looking to replace it with another daily, keep it and then turn it into a track toy... then the modding will really begin. Time will tell...

Reactions: Cheapo911 and kbrd
#12 ·
Nothing until the warranty is up. I'm not willing to test the limits of a brand new AWD system. If a Ford factory tune becomes available then I'll go for that, but I have a feeling that the RS is already cranked up to 11 at stock. I'll just be doing window tint, audio, and swap the fogs for lamps that match the temperature of the HIDs. Hopefully they come out with some after market tails like they have for the 2014's. I love the totally blacked out look of my current tail lights.

I have the same tails as these...
Anyone seen these full LED Tail Lights? - Page 38

#14 ·
I will drive the RS for a few months and wait to see what comes out in the aftermarket. My power goal is 400whp, but if a tune yields close to that then I will stick with it and I will be using a Freek tune. I will most likely get and intake and catted downpipe just to liven up the sound a bit. The other mods well that comes with driving the vehicle and finding the biggest weak points and then addressing them, but I don't think the RS will have too many :)

#15 ·
Probably just window tint.

#16 ·
No modifications except if Ford comes out with a warrantied performance tune. I fully accept the fact that engineers with countless years of real world experience know much more about how to make a vehicle perform at the best of its abilities than me, or any other backwards hat wearing aftermarket modder, could ever hope to know.

#20 ·
To hell with the warranty, I'm mod ding as soon it gets home. Tint and super white LEDS to star until it's all broken it. Then I already have Injen and Agency Power lined up for R&D sessions right after. There a few other companies out there that will be needing cars to test with, so if people are interested maybe I can help match up locations if you PM me.

#29 ·
Yup...also have the MP215 in my '15 Fist and chatting with some people connected to Mountune suggest that a 400HP Warranty approved package is a shoe-in! I'm very curious to see what exhausts companies come up with, the factory system looks pretty robust and can't really see tons of gains on that front.

#26 ·
I'll be looking into a custom tune relatively soon after taking delivery. I'll probably go with Adam since he's gotten great results and reviews on the MEB.

Out of curiosity, do you have any 60-130 times with your setup? I'm just interested because I've seen a lot of ST builds above 400whp/wtq, but I've never seen any impressive times at the track. So I figure the 60-130 time would be a better way to compare since it doesn't involve launching.

#30 · (Edited)
F**K yeah bro! Adjustable dampers? Pfft Ima hellaflush that ish so it pulls -99 Gs on the skidpad! Get at me! What do these engineers know? Stretched tires, gaudy chrome aftermarket rims, excessive negative camber, tin can exhaust, all the makings of the fastest Focus RS there ever was! Lets not forget that Ima turn up the boost on that turbocharger because the stock internals can easily handle 900 HP/TRQ! Warranty my a$$! The sound of that oil pan scraping along the ground over minor bumps only signifies the engineering prowess of the backwards hat bro-it-all!

#32 ·
Tint, then look into some protection for the paint. I will be holding off on modding the RS when I first get it to see what kind of options come out for it, then I will slowly add mods. Mostly small things though.

#37 ·
Well bags can be better than coils. I'm on coils now and kinda wish I went with bags for some of the crappy roads I traverse as well as steep inclines for parking lots and driveways. I believe Air Rex bags are even fit for track use.

#38 ·
They can especially for ride comfort. Airrex does make applications for racing, but if your counting LBS the entire system does add a lot of weight over a traditional coilover. There are a lot of OK coilover systems out there, and it has been a while since I looked for the ST. The best system out there at that time was the Ground Control kit with Koni Yellows and proper spring rates for the money. I was waiting for MCS or even the AST 5300's that they put on the ST-R to be released. A good quality coil-over when properly set up and matched, ride amazing, no bounce, no jolts, just a firm connection to the road. That will remain consistent lap after lap if your properly maintain them.

#39 ·
Warranted Tune from Ford or Mountune, new Helmet, and a lot of track time..............

Reactions: DeltaT
#40 ·
Get the Car, let them wrap the whole car into protective film. After the first Winter get some nice Vossen wheels in matte red and paint some details (splitter, part of rear diffusor etc) also in matte red(plastidip). Afterwards Downpipe + remove that stupid silencer and put in a new one that actually lets the car use both outlets...(wtf ford?). Oh, FF Intake aswell as a nice tune.

Afterwards I might get Airride. But only if I can actually get a setup that works well for DD + Track abuse aswell with different dampening settings. Cant stand hard Suspension in the City.

And for the Rice I might get wide fenders if there are some good looking ones...:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.