Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a general question. I currently own a GTX2863 powered 2013 Focus ST3 with full bolt ons and a fuel system that a crazy local guy built for me. Cars makes 410/435 on E60 tuned by Unleashed tuning. I'm not active on the Focus forum but I have seen a lot of warranty talk on there. So how many plan to tune and leave stock, leave stock or go all out as parts are available.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I'm planning on leaving it stock until I see limitations of the RDU and how a tune effects it. I might do very high quality coils at some point and other suspension stuff if need be but with variable shocks and everything probably won't touch this car for a while.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Probably not much on the power side honestly. Brake pads/fluid for track use and maybe brakes themselves if the OEM bits don't hold up.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Probably not much on the power side honestly. Brake pads/fluid for track use and maybe brakes themselves if the OEM bits don't hold up.
Yeah forgot brakes, if anything this would also be something I look at doing depending on how the stock stuff holds up on track.

·
Registered
892 Posts
A few cosmetic things shortly after I get it like a ppf of most surfaces, window tint, and some custom tint on the tail lights, Then possibly a Mountune goodie or two, but nothing crazy since it's gonna be my daily driver.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A few cosmetic things shortly after I get it like a ppf of most surfaces, window tint, and some custom tint on the tail lights, Then possibly a Mountune goodie or two, but nothing crazy since it's gonna be my daily driver.
I'm going to daily drive mine also. Tint will be the first thing for sure.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Probably just a dyno tune.

Maybe E85 and injectors down the road if the RDU can handle any extra torque.

EDIT:

How could I forget a hardwired V1 on a blendmount?

·
Registered
215 Posts
My genesis is my daily and that didn't stop me from dropping 20k into it. And I still only finished half of my mod wishlist for it lol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Only minor things such as tint for me... it will be my daily driver and I plan to keep it stock since I need/want it to last me a long time and with little to no headaches. The hope is that one day after I have it paid off and I'm looking to replace it with another daily, keep it and then turn it into a track toy... then the modding will really begin. Time will tell...

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Nothing until the warranty is up. I'm not willing to test the limits of a brand new AWD system. If a Ford factory tune becomes available then I'll go for that, but I have a feeling that the RS is already cranked up to 11 at stock. I'll just be doing window tint, audio, and swap the fogs for lamps that match the temperature of the HIDs. Hopefully they come out with some after market tails like they have for the 2014's. I love the totally blacked out look of my current tail lights.

I have the same tails as these...
Anyone seen these full LED Tail Lights? - Page 38

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nothing until the warranty is up. I'm not willing to test the limits of a brand new AWD system. If a Ford factory tune becomes available then I'll go for that, but I have a feeling that the RS is already cranked up to 11 at stock. I'll just be doing window tint, audio, and swap the fogs for lamps that match the temperature of the HIDs. Hopefully they come out with some after market tails like they have for the 2014's. I love the totally blacked out look of my current tail lights.

I have the same tails as these...
Anyone seen these full LED Tail Lights? - Page 38
I agree with you fully on this. I think the car will be strung out from the factory. It will be in desperate need of a turbo and fuel.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I will drive the RS for a few months and wait to see what comes out in the aftermarket. My power goal is 400whp, but if a tune yields close to that then I will stick with it and I will be using a Freek tune. I will most likely get and intake and catted downpipe just to liven up the sound a bit. The other mods well that comes with driving the vehicle and finding the biggest weak points and then addressing them, but I don't think the RS will have too many :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Probably just window tint.

·
Registered
520 Posts
No modifications except if Ford comes out with a warrantied performance tune. I fully accept the fact that engineers with countless years of real world experience know much more about how to make a vehicle perform at the best of its abilities than me, or any other backwards hat wearing aftermarket modder, could ever hope to know.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
No modifications except if Ford comes out with a warrantied performance tune. I fully accept the fact that engineers with countless years of real world experience know much more about how to make a vehicle perform at the best of its abilities than me, or any other backwards hat wearing aftermarket modder, could ever hope to know.
I agree with you, but they're still held to cost and emissions limitations that after-market engineers are not.

Edit: They also have to make sure the engine doesn't blow up when you put 87 octane fuel in the tank...

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will drive the RS for a few months and wait to see what comes out in the aftermarket. My power goal is 400whp, but if a tune yields close to that then I will stick with it and I will be using a Freek tune. I will most likely get and intake and catted downpipe just to liven up the sound a bit. The other mods well that comes with driving the vehicle and finding the biggest weak points and then addressing them, but I don't think the RS will have too many :)
Great choice of tuner. Used Justin on a MS3 I had a few years back.

·
Registered
376 Posts
To hell with the warranty, I'm mod ding as soon it gets home. Tint and super white LEDS to star until it's all broken it. Then I already have Injen and Agency Power lined up for R&D sessions right after. There a few other companies out there that will be needing cars to test with, so if people are interested maybe I can help match up locations if you PM me.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts
About this Discussion
200 Replies
80 Participants
lstupar87
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing