Ford Focus RS Forum banner

Who's performance parts do you want to see?

• Cobb

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • FRPP

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • FSWerks

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Hennessey

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Mountune

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • Roush

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Saleen

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Shelby

• Steeda

• Undecided

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else curious to see if the names of Roush, Saleen, Shelby, or even Hennessey will offer an enhanced FoRS?

I can't wait to see the products roll out from Cobb, FRPP, FSWerks, Mountune, and Steeda along the tunes from various tuners for the FoRS platform.

·
Registered
85 Posts
im sure most of those names will join the party, minus Shelby since Carrol had nothing to do with RS. however when i hear most of those i think "drag racing" and that's not really what the RS was built for. although who knows. it may prove to be extremely capable for that. I'm looking forward to Mountune and FSWerks getting some stuff out

·
Registered
360 Posts
While there are certainly respectable names on that list, I hope the RS gets the deserved attention from other platform tuners, as well.

The Mustang ecoboost has already started that tide, thankfully, with tuners like FFTec, Full Race, and MAPerformance already well into their development routes.

I also hope those crews that have worked on GT-R and Evo drivetrains also jump on board and elevate the RS platform.

·
Super Moderator
15,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I overlooked Wolf Racing from Neuenstein, Germany.

·
Registered
504 Posts
AMS said they are, "getting back to their roots" with the new RS. Should be exciting.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well... a "tune" is not technically a part.

I really think it is going to be hard to beat what Ford themselves might offer in their own catalogue. I see suspension components being tricky here.. and not sure how coilovers would work, etc. The ford engineers did a great job, as the RS seems like a well balanced package.

But far as the engine..?

Unlike the Mustang, the RS is going to put down it's HP/TQ better, therefor it won't need gobs more to make the RS dangerously quick, or fast.

So most will seek a small tune, but it depends on where your head is. If your buying the RS knowing ahead of time, that over the years of ownership you are going to dump $10k into it, then you are already looking past a tune and a bump in HP/TQ, but also at longevity, quality & durability. Everyone and their grandmother are going to have their hat in the ring on the Ford 2.3 EB power-ups... this engine is going to be the wild wild west.

I suspect many aftermarket brands to "market themselves", but many of them won't be doing it on the circuit, or in competiton. There is already a Ford Racing block for the 2.3 EB... and I suspect those who want reliable power forever will be looking at a built engine, rather than just a tune.. or a "stage", all depends on One's commitment to their goal.

Personally, I am sure Cosworth will get more involved in the engine internals, along with Full-Race and their secretly developed twinscroll trumpets. Mountune will most likely have tested kits & stuff. Along with the fact there will be endless tuners with different packages and aftermarket bolt-ons, too.

This 2.3 EB community can only grow...

Coincidentally, the RS is not a drag car but given it's AWD nature, it'll be quick. And we know it is fast (165mpg), but I have never really seen how a strait 0~100mph has ever excited anyone. I have always found that even 0~60 means little. I always like a rolling 5mph ~ 70, because it tells you more about the Car, than just tires or road conditions, etc. Matter of fact, I would rather see a 70~120 pounce, than a quarter mile run. Ideally for me, specs for both 5~70mph and 70~120mph, plz..

·
Super Moderator
15,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So many darn decisions to make!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
329 Posts
Coincidentally, the RS is not a drag car but given it's AWD nature, it'll be quick. And we know it is fast (165mpg), but I have never really seen how a strait 0~100mph has ever excited anyone.
When did Ford announce it was an ultra hybrid!?:cool:

·
Registered
306 Posts
lol mpg^ ... i'll leave it. (it's too funny)

There are going to be sooo many names in the hat on this engine platform. A whole sub-culture erupting over this engine.

Ford is not done either & over time this 2.3 engine, is only going to get better... and don't forget, there is a 2.7 EB too that is yet to make it's face known in a racing series. Once the weaknesses are known, within a few short years Ford's 2.3 liter will have conservative tuned, built engines producing 480TQ and built for racing. Efficient pounce-able power. Both the Mustang and the RS are going to benefit from the excitement around this engine.

In all honesty, this Ford 2.3 liter engine & the 5.2 FPC and Ford's new Racing Division is one of the reason I am not so much interest in BMW's latest offering, as I had my eye on the new M2..!

To me, there are too many shortfalls in BMW's N55 engine. M-Division would've done better making a bespoke 4 pot engine solely for the M2 (That would be quintessential M car). The old N55 is not something that BMW is going to racing, because the N55 as packaged is not a race engine. Look at BMW's best attempts so far and go thrash a manual M235is/135is about. Really engaged and on it, digging & braking.. the N55 engine doesn't respond, it wants to be flat out on the Nurb... sweeping 120mph benders. BMW has taken a backseat behind Ford in terms of engines & racing. BMW are highway bombers anymore... bmw forgot that about the M2, which was suppose to be about nimble lightweight car (ie 4cyl + CF = M2)...!
BMW M = //Marketing
The M2 speaks nothing to, or about BMW's motorsports division. Ironically, bmw's 3.0 N55 @ 400hp is no match for the lighter 2.3 Ford EB @ 400hp.. Ford's EB is simply more efficient & more responsive than BMW's Twin Power technology. Plus, BMW locked down their engines and play their "marketing" game and even handpicking certain Companies to licensing their BMW approved tunes. <No Cobb for you>.

And all of a sudden, Ford Mo Co up & brings the iconic RS to 'Merican soil.. and Ken Block will be thrashing it every weekend in a racing series..? And all of this is being supported by Ford's own new racing division (FPR), in which you can buy Ford upgrade parts, based on race engineering..? Not to mention, the engine is build in Cleveland..? (Good bye bmw...)

MAP & Livernois Motorsports already have 600hp drag engines and can't wait to blow them up. These blocks are cheap & easy.

I think Ford Performance Racing is still not done and we will see a Focus RS500, or some variant late this year. (I've already warned my dealer I am first on that list... lol)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
18 Participants
Magdaddy
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing