Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, guys,
I have read almost every article I can find online , but they didnot mention a lot about the transmission RS will be using.
All I know is it is a 6speed trans.
But how well does it shift? Who makes it? Where is it sourced? Is it gonna be as notchy as all other AWDs out there? ( or at least that is the impression I got, Evos, sti, wrx all seem to be very notchy to me)
I have never driving a ford or any European manual car before, except I owned a BWM 330i for a few months.
The BWM felt great for the most part and more forgiving.
I have owned my evo for 2 years and I still can't say I can drive the car perfectly smooth, shifter can get stuck here and there, but I have been reading that it is normal.

I am really hoping RS would shift butter smooth. It is a big deal for me. Or is an AWD's shifter doomed to be notchy?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
So all we know so far is that it is upgraded and strengthened. We do not know what exactly as of yet. Ford has also stated that the shifting will have shorter throws then the St and I would assume it may just have the Ford Performance short shifter in it, along with other things like stiffer(hopefully solid) bushings.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I test drove a '15 STI and a '15 Focus ST before ordering my RS, and the ST shifter was lightyears nicer than the STI. The STI was very notchy, and the ST was smooth with positive feedback. I'd imagine the shifting will be along the lines of the ST, but that's just my guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts