Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to figure out how to

A. Not void my warrantee

B. Monitor the overall performance and parameters of the car. Ie. Afr, boost, ltft, coolant temp, oil temp ect

I had an acces port on my previous car and I love it. I would like to keep it and use it on the RS. Warrantee comes into play. Main concern initially is just wanting to monitor the vehicle.

My other thought is using the torque app but I was wondering if we can get it to show on the head unit through android auto.

Thoughts/suggestions?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Getting a accessport as soon as it is released. Best purchase I ever made for my ST.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Blackstone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Getting a accessport as soon as it is released. Best purchase I ever made for my ST.
I have no doubt that it would be the best purchase that I would make for my car. The problem is that I would then have the ability to fix whatever small thing that bugs me with the RS tune and I can't do that. I promised myself that I would keep this car stock until the warranty ends.

With DSMLink or MegaSquirt on all of my cars at some point, I know exactly how that goes. Monitoring oil pressure one day, 35 psi of boost the next.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
I have no doubt that it would be the best purchase that I would make for my car. The problem is that I would then have the ability to fix whatever small thing that bugs me with the RS tune and I can't do that. I promised myself that I would keep this car stock until the warranty ends.

With DSMLink or MegaSquirt on all of my cars at some point, I know exactly how that goes. Monitoring oil pressure one day, 35 psi of boost the next.
Just my opinion, but waiting until the warranty expires to mod the car doesn't make sense. It just means the car will have more age and more miles on it when you start adding power to it. I'm doing AP and probably tuning it for E30 if the fuel system will support it.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Doubt you'll be able to. ^ bet any money it'll be a different access port but you'll get a credit if you return your st AP.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Stick the 'Swisher Guy'!

I just had an epiphany.

Despite claims & anticipation this Focus RS is going to be all deftly balanced 5 door hatch practicality and uber drivers car, it's going to be nothing of the sort.

Pound of butter, loaf of bread, quart of milk. Yes Dear, Got it!
I'll take the RS - It's got a good boot.

Drivers seat. Check!
Door, closed. Check!
Ignition, fired. Check!

Drive to said location, Check!
Sure do feel good.
What did I have to get? Awww can't remember. Better drive back - I'll remember then.

Dear, can you go pick the kids up? Yep, glad to Dear.
I'll take the RS - It's got 5 practical seats.

Drivers seat. Check!
Door, closed. Check!
Ignition, fired. Check!

Sure do feel good.
What did I have to get? Awww can't remember. Better drive back - I'll remember then.

Monday morning, shh!ttt I burn some gas over the week end. Better have a productive week at work.
I'll take the RS - it gets decent fuel economy (can't recall why I seemed so busy and get so little done over the weekend???)

Drivers seat. Check!
Door, closed. Check!
Ignition, fired. Check!

Sure do feel good.
Why am I here? Awww can't remember. Better drive back - I'll remember then.

x5

Now, if you note carefully, I haven't slid into some typical bizarre-o 'off topic' tangent. Not this time.

See, because if you are astute you will already be smiling.

At no point did our RS Man achieve his goal.

Nor did he leave his vehicle, all vulnerable and exposed to grubby hands and banging doors in a public space.

Therefore a Focus RS has absolutely no need for any security device other than a lock up garage. :triumphant:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
How difficult is it going to be to convert an ST AP to an RS AP?
Doubt you'll be able to. ^ bet any money it'll be a different access port but you'll get a credit if you return your st AP.
Given that Cobb sells the AP by make and not by model, I don't know why you would assume that you would have to buy another one. Supporting the EcoBoost Mustang was just a matter of firmware upgrade, as has been sipporting the facelifted Focus. And given that we've seen a screenshot from Cobb of the product selection screen with a dropdown including all USDM turbo Ford Performance vehicles including the RS, I'm going with a firmware upgrade. Not that I have any stake in the matter or amything.

·
Registered
561 Posts
You're right I don't know for sure. :p it's a different vehicle entirely than an st which is why I'd presume you'd need a new one. Could just need an update and away you go.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Stick the 'Swisher Guy'!

I just had an epiphany.

Despite claims & anticipation this Focus RS is going to be all deftly balanced 5 door hatch practicality and uber drivers car, it's going to be nothing of the sort.

Drivers seat. Check!
Door, closed. Check!
Ignition, fired. Check!

Sure do feel good.

Drivers seat. Check!
Door, closed. Check!
Ignition, fired. Check!

Sure do feel good.

Monday morning, shh!ttt I burn some gas over the week end. Better have a productive week at work.
I'll take the RS - it gets decent fuel economy (can't recall why I seemed so busy and get so little done over the weekend???)

Drivers seat. Check!
Door, closed. Check!
Ignition, fired. Check!

Sure do feel good.

x5

Now, if you note carefully, I haven't slid into some typical bizarre-o 'off topic' tangent. Not this time.

Nor did he leave his vehicle, all vulnerable and exposed to grubby hands and banging doors in a public space.

Therefore a Focus RS has absolutely no need for any security device other than a lock up garage. :triumphant:
I didn't get it, just sounds like you are super forgetful, and why do you keep insisting I am "a stute"? What is a "stute"?

Jim

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Stick the 'Swisher Guy'!

I just had an epiphany.

Drivers seat. Check!
Door, closed. Check!
Ignition, fired. Check!

Sure do feel good.

Drivers seat. Check!
Door, closed. Check!
Ignition, fired. Check!

Sure do feel good.

Drivers seat. Check!
Door, closed. Check!
Ignition, fired. Check!

Sure do feel good.

x5

That was mostly coherent, I feel like you are losing your touch. If you keep this up were going to remove your resident crazy person status. Turn in your badge and your meds...

·
Super Moderator
15,369 Posts
I didn't get it, just sounds like you are super forgetful, and why do you keep insisting I am "a stute"? What is a "stute"?

Jim
Are you sure it wasn't two yutes, like in My Cousin Vinny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,369 Posts
That was mostly coherent, I feel like you are losing your touch. If you keep this up were going to remove your resident crazy person status. Turn in your badge and your meds...
It would appear that @ethosguy is sipping that piss called Fosters instead of a more premium beer..........

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
It would appear that @ethosguy is sipping that piss called Fosters instead of a more premium beer..........

Hey boss, just to clarify, no one, that is, no one in Australia drinks Fosters. You used the term 'piss' and I will add the prefix 'cat'. Yes cat piss, because that's exactly what it is. Cheers........:very_drunk:

·
Super Moderator
15,369 Posts
Hey boss, just to clarify, no one, that is, no one in Australia drinks Fosters. You used the term 'piss' and I will add the prefix 'cat'. Yes cat piss, because that's exactly what it is. Cheers........:very_drunk:
The complaint was that @ethosguy wasn't up to his usual self. I figured/blamed that he wasn't consuming proper Amber fluid, hence the mention of (as mentioned) cat piss since here in the US we're mislead to believing that Fosters is Australian for beer. Haha! I know better.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
16 Participants
VegasChef
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing