Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys like the Recaros for the US (maybe non optional Euro seats). They aren't bad but I hate the very top. It looks like some preppy d-bag with a sweater tied over his shoulders. I didnt take much notice of this on the ST3 seats, maybe because they are full leather and not 2 different materials. The sweater over shoulder look is more noticeable on these RS seats. I do like how they dont have the ribs under the RS that the ST seats have. Looks a little cleaner.

img_3019.jpg
sweaterneck-3.jpg
2013-Ford-Focus-ST-recaro-seats.jpg

·
Registered
141 Posts
I actually like those seats - not being full leather is a good thing because leather will get shiny over time, while the cloth parts will show way less wear and tear.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It looks to me like the side bolsters are actually slightly smaller and less pointy than the ST3 seats, this would please the wife since she hates the ST3 seats as she is short and those poke her armpits. And I like that its not full leather

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
Kinda let down that I'll have to replace them, maybe I can get a friend in Europe to send me some Recaro Optional seats later.

·
Registered
397 Posts
How do "they" expect those seats too work with a 5 point harness? Since the RS will exceed one G skid pad we will need more than one shoulder harness (factory seat belts) to keep us sitting in the correct position at the race track. And, ST3 seats will cause nothing but grief for my wife:(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dont get me wrong guys, im not saying I hate the seats or that I hate the fact that they aren't full leather. I just don't like how the top V, in leather, stands out. And that just happens to be the part of the seats I'm not feelin.

I really don't care. I'm not buying the car for its seats.
Im not buying the car for its seat either. Im also not buying it for the color, engine, awd, trans, body style, exhaust, rims, brakes, etc.. There's no single item on the car that's selling me. Rather a collection of things. We can still have an opinion on the seats, whether or not its the reason for buying the car.

Would you also not care if these were the seats? ;)

$T2eC16FHJGgFFmsJ+BN7BRtFlMY2Fg~~60_3.JPG a6ea913c9b3bd990d0e08e97383a2eb0.jpg

·
Registered
141 Posts
You will probably get over the douchebag sweater image once you settle in the seat and engage launch control.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You will probably get over the douchebag sweater image once you settle in the seat and engage launch control.
You're right.

If it was a requirement to rock the hard core preppy look to drive it like I stole it, then tie a bright pink sweater around my neck and consider me a d bag. I'll even dance like Carlton walking to and from my RS.

carlton-dance-o.gif

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dont get me wrong guys, im not saying I hate the seats or that I hate the fact that they aren't full leather. I just don't like how the top V, in leather, stands out. And that just happens to be the part of the seats I'm not feelin.

Im not buying the car for its seat either. Im also not buying it for the color, engine, awd, trans, body style, exhaust, rims, brakes, etc.. There's no single item on the car that's selling me. Rather a collection of things. We can still have an opinion on the seats, whether or not its the reason for buying the car.

Would you also not care if these were the seats? ;)

View attachment 512 View attachment 511
I wouldn't care. The seats in the car will be getting pulled and swapped for something else either way. I'm sure those seats right there could be sold for a faaaabulous price though, which means more mod money.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I love the seats, they look great to me and there will be zero sliding around in these. Plus I won't have to give up my heated ST3 seats :) I just saw the heated seat button in this pic and I got happy. Didn't notice it before so it looks like we'll have heated seats and steering wheel. Seat button is underneath each temp knob.

RS Interior.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
I love the seats, they look great to me and there will be zero sliding around in these. Plus I won't have to give up my heated ST3 seats :) I just saw the heated seat button in this pic and I got happy. Didn't notice it before so it looks like we'll have heated seats and steering wheel. Seat button is underneath each temp knob.

View attachment 514
Good, I was hoping they wouldnt start stripping the car with options for a few grams. Now that I know there will be heated seats and steering wheel, the last concern for me is the a sunroof option. I like sunroofs...please let there be one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good, I was hoping they wouldnt start stripping the car with options for a few grams. Now that I know there will be heated seats and steering wheel, the last concern for me is the a sunroof option. I like sunroofs...please let there be one.
I'm not a fan of a sunroof but I'm glad someone else out there likes the creature comforts. Unless you're living on the track with this car (or any car) then I don't see why you wouldn't want the nicer things that are available in today's world.

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
I too like sunroofs, but will not get one with this car. I sat in an ST with sunroof at race and with helmet on in ST seats I could not sit as vertical as I like without helmet touching the ceiling. But, I don't see any reason this would not have a sunroof option since the 5Dr body is the same as the other Focuses. Only metal body panels that really look altered to me are the fenders and hood from looking at the mules and what I've see of the ST and RS.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Don't plan on there being a sunroof option. The body and underpinnings will be standardized throughout the world, I think they will be limiting options tremendously, especially in the first year.

If you want one you will probably have to get one installed through the aftermarket.

Just IMO though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, they are a real disappointment compared to the European seats; however, I will sit in them at a dealership before I decide if they are a deal breaker. Why in the world we in America cannot have the one piece back as they do in Europe, I'll never understand (not the European seat - an American one piece back) - and not a back with a separate head restraint as shown in the supplied photo. Furthermore, even if these are an improvement over the Focus ST Recaro seats, the question remains as to whether they are enough of an improvement. And that they are not full leather is not a problem for me what-so-ever. It is a two part problem for me: a) they are less comfortable with the separate headrest, and b) cheapo look. Yes, spellcheck, I wrote cheapo and not cheap because cheap doesn't say it effectively enough. Cheapo. Get it? Cheapo. Cheapo. Cheapo. Cheapo. Cheapo. And I don't give a flying duck for heated seats; I've got them in my ST3, and I've yet to use them even on an 18 degree below zero day. The one possibility that could get me to buy (even if I don't like these seats) is if the potential for additional horsepower out of the RS. Enough HP, and I'll settle for cheapo seats. Aftec checking google images, I see that the head support piece of the seat looks like Meistermma punch mitts.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Doesn't really matter, because you can always put new ones in. If they are a prob for some, right?

Something like the GT350's.. would be nice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't think it would be that easy. I tried doing that with my 2008 WRXSTI to no avail. If it can be done, then I'll be satisfied as long as my insurance company accepts the substitution.
Doesn't really matter, because you can always put new ones in. If they are a prob for some, right?

Something like the GT350's.. would be nice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The RS seats appear to be LESS aggressively bolstered than the current Focus ST seats? Am I wrong? Maybe its just the lighting of the photo and the seat fabric playing tricks, but I LOVE our ST seats.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts