Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I am normal lately but I'm feeling like a kid at 5 years old at christmas waiting on the RS. Counting down the days till spring and having a hard time to get to sleep at night thinking about it. Who's in the same boat? Watching rebirth of icon often? Thinking about mods? Talking about it everyday? Wish I ain't alone :eek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
The wait is too long. It was nice ford gave us that 8 episode series about the car, but now I'd like to see more. I want to see some reviews, driving impressions, perhaps Randy Pobst taking it around Laguna Seca for a few laps and hear his thoughts on it. All of that is months away, unfortunately :(

·
Registered
171 Posts
Its much less stressful just writing a check, compared to scrounging all the parts on the Internet and arranging all the shipping dealing with all kinds of people good and bad. Just to have a clone. it will be a long winter though. I think the nervous days were the days before 10/12/15.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I don't know if I am normal lately but I'm feeling like a kid at 5 years old at christmas waiting on the RS. Counting down the days till spring and having a hard time to get to sleep at night thinking about it. Who's in the same boat? Watching rebirth of icon often? Thinking about mods? Talking about it everyday? Wish I ain't alone :eek:
I'm the EXACT same way. I cant shut up talking about the RS to my girlfriend almost daily she wants to kill me. You're not alone haha. Take a guess what my computers desktop wallpaper is? I think you know.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Just got news that my order has been selected for scheduling after the Thanksgiving Holiday. I try to keep the news fresh but I can see the look in her eye every time I go to speak ... is this another RS moment? Why yes it is :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm pretty sure some of my co-workers want to duck tape my mouth shut.. Everytime I find something new i'm talking about it.. x_X

Your not alone..

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I'm the EXACT same way. I cant shut up talking about the RS to my girlfriend almost daily she wants to kill me. You're not alone haha. Take a guess what my computers desktop wallpaper is? I think you know.
Umm, your wife? :)

Cheers,

Jim

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Yep, my wife is being pretty cool about this whole thing - she even sat and watched the 20-minute technical presentation by herself the other day. But she is a bit sick of hearing the minute details!

Jim

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'd like to see a Nurburgring time posted. Expecting something amazing.

Incredibles Amazing.jpg

·
Registered
555 Posts
Youuuuu knnnoooow your an ADDICT when you come here when ever possible just to get a FIX....in the morning, at lunch..after work...skipping your usual quickie....new pic, new news, new info anything to calm the nerves..............ooohhhhhhh....ahhhhhhh:p:p:p

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I have been wanting an RS since the MKII. It has been a long wait and I have been sort of accustomed to it. I have not ordered mine yet and I'm thinking on waiting till 2017MY, but I can assure you the closer that gets the worse it will be. It really gets bad when all the reviews come out and you frantically Google search RS to see if something new pops up. If I didn't already have an awesome car like the ST, or if my ST was stock there would be a lot more sleepless nights.

I'm not sure what I'm going to have to do to the RS, most likely not a lot but that is what is helping me with the wait. See what everyone says and what people are doing for mods then when it's time I will have a stock pile of parts waiting to be put on and go from there.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hello my main is Glenn....and I'm a RS addict....

·
Registered
591 Posts
Ha! No Kidding! My friends and my wife are at their wits' end with me regarding the RS and I STILL have another 8-10 months to go before I get my RS.

Like many others have said, I check this site religiously for new information, pics, and videos while scouring the internet for new articles about the RS.

I'm not entirely sure why I do it, but I think this car is something special and I'm just excited to be a part of it. When the Evo 8 first hit the states I was just as excited about that car too.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Take a deep breath people and relax. Try not to suffocate your loved ones and you coworkers otherwise once you get the car, it will be old news to them. My approach is different, only few people know about it and they don't know much about it so when I pull in it KABOOM!!! How're you doing?! ;)

btw if anyone has time machine, you mind speeding it to March. No one wants long ass winter anyway so...

·
Registered
520 Posts
When I'm bored I subconsciously will watch videos of the RS drifting and revving its engine. Also, Ford Focus RS is easily my most searched Google search in my computer and phone browsers :p I'm constantly looking for any tidbit of news/a new passenger seat review to come out! Plus I may be relocating states next year but that's not stopping me from getting my hands on an RS! I'd say the want is pretty strong and easily borders on obsession and a bit of insanity at least in the eyes of the GF :cool:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I try not to talk about it. The only outlet is like minded people on the forum. If someone ask me about it (posted my build status to FB) then I try not to get to gushy as if they aren't car people, they can't and won't get it, but my friends who know I'm a gear head are excited for me.

My twin desktops are dominated by RS images as are the lock screen and background of my phone.

The funny thing is the wife and kids are more excited about the arrival of the RS than any other car I've ever ordered.

What I'm looking forward to is giving my 81 year old father in law a launch control demonstration

1 - 20 of 24 Posts