Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On May 26th I inquired on facebook about the status of my car. They said I was 'In Transit'. I have tried Facebook, this forum, and calling ford service. All they seem to tell me is that I'm in Transit with no ETA. Is there someone who could tell me if I am on a boat? Is there no update on Ford's end until it hits the states?

My window sticker finally became available this morning. Hopefully it means I'm on the Zenith Leader.

Is it common for there to be delays in Ford's system?

·
Registered
213 Posts
On May 26th I inquired on facebook about the status of my car. They said I was 'In Transit'. I have tried Facebook, this forum, and calling ford service. All they seem to tell me is that I'm in Transit with no ETA. Is there someone who could tell me if I am on a boat? Is there no update on Ford's end until it hits the states?

My window sticker finally became available this morning. Hopefully it means I'm on the Zenith Leader.

For the cars being shipped on NYK lines, Ford's system takes a while to update. In fact, cars on ZL didn't show up in Fords system until June 6th.

FordService won't tell you what ship you are on (for security reasons), but they'll probably tell you if you are on a ship.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the cars being shipped on NYK lines, Ford's system takes a while to update. In fact, cars on ZL didn't show up in Fords system until June 6th.

FordService won't tell you what ship you are on (for security reasons), but they'll probably tell you if you are on a ship.
Great. Also, do you know if there a reason I was told to check statuses on Thursdays?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
513 Posts
The best way to find out is to email your VIN to your dealer (so they can cut and paste) and ask them to look up status for you - and ask them if they can specifically check "secondary status". This will show if you are on a ship and the name of the ship. Armed with the name of the ship, you can easily go look up the ships's schedule.

·
Registered
551 Posts

Additionally if you listen to "I'm on a Boat" by Lonely Island maybe it will give you some tips or hints.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts

was mentioned in the window sticker thread that your sticker is only available when the car is on terra firma (off the boat).
so it would seem your wait is nearing an end.

but if window stickers are not tied to disembarking the boat, all bets are off

·
Registered
213 Posts
was mentioned in the window sticker thread that your sticker is only available when the car is on terra firma (off the boat).

A few people in the ZL thread mentioned that windows stickers for their cars started appearing today. The window sticker for my car appeared today as well, despite being on ZL for another 12 days.

·
Registered
242 Posts

There are examples of in-transit VIN numbers appearing with windowstickers before the boat had arrived at Hueneme. The Zenith Leader appears to have the same situation.

·
Registered
971 Posts

that's I got as well. No ship name but on a ship!

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Great. Also, do you know if there a reason I was told to check statuses on Thursdays?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
That's the big update day for Ford's system.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts