Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of sheer curiosity how common are Teslas where you are all from? Model S, Model X, Model 3...

I hear from other places around North America (and elsewhere) that they're pretty hard to come by and aren't seen very often.

Here in Los Angeles they're everywhere. I see anywhere from 15-25 daily, and that's not actively looking for them. Is it because of the "California Lifestyle" or is it something else?
Just a weird thought that I had

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Just out of sheer curiosity how common are Teslas where you are all from? Model S, Model X, Model 3...

I hear from other places around North America (and elsewhere) that they're pretty hard to come by and aren't seen very often.

Here in Los Angeles they're everywhere. I see anywhere from 15-25 daily, and that's not actively looking for them. Is it because of the "California Lifestyle" or is it something else?
Just a weird thought that I had
They're everywhere in Cali for a bunch of reasons. 1. They're made here. 2. The state in general is liberal and at the forefront of emissions regulation (see CARB). 3. The average income in CA is pretty high, especially of the tech savvy and tech loving culture of silicone valley for whom this is a status symbol.

I see too many for my liking as well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I never see any. From what I hear, New York State has an issue with the Tesla type dealership. Not sure what the issue is? Maybe someone can chime in with the reason. Plus, where I live it's cold in the winter. Electric cars don't do the cold too well.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I never see any. From what I hear, New York State has an issue with the Tesla type dealership. Not sure what the issue is? Maybe someone can chime in with the reason. Plus, where I live it's cold in the winter. Electric cars don't do the cold too well.
Tesla doesn't have a dealer network, they only sell direct. Some dealer networks have sued states to not allow for that to happen.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
I see Model Ss all the time in my area, though I suspect they're all leased. When I get closer to the LA area, I also see a ton of Model Xs as well.

Besides being electric, I don't see the appeal. I'd rather get myself a cheap Chevy Bolt.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Tesla doesn't have a dealer network, they only sell direct. Some dealer networks have sued states to not allow for that to happen.
I think that's the issue in New York KingZee. No dealer network and direct sales. Thanks :tiphat:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
They're everywhere in Cali for a bunch of reasons. 1. They're made here. 2. The state in general is liberal and at the forefront of emissions regulation (see CARB). 3. The average income in CA is pretty high, especially of the tech savvy and tech loving culture of silicone valley for whom this is a status symbol.

I see too many for my liking as well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
^This. Dime a dozen in every major metro area, specially in CA

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't get me wrong I like the design of all their models I think they look great. Personally, electric isn't my thing. Something about not having the sound and control just doesn't interest me.
I'm just surprised at how much the company has grown over the last 2 or so years. They used to be hard to find even around here and now they're basically just another Camry stuck in traffic.

I can't imagine how many are up in the bay area

·
Registered
194 Posts
Pretty common in Ann Arbor, MI. Michigan dealers were fighting the boutiques, but doesn't seem to have allowed the boom of teslas around here.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
716 Posts
Something happened recently and I've started seeing a whole bunch more Model S' in upstate NY. For a while it was you'd see one every once in a while at the mall parking lot or something, but now I see at least one every day just driving about. Thankfully zero Type Xs though!

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Plenty here, S’s and X’s. More the S’s though. Haven’t seen a 3 yet.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I live ~ 25 miles from the Fremont factory so they are very common in this area--spotted a Model 3 just the other day.
But what really shocked me (no pun intended) was seeing a Model S parked in Iceland last summer when I was on a vacation trip there. Actually had a chance to talk to the owner who was nearby, and he said that only a few have been delivered to Iceland so far. Electricity is very cheap in that country--and petrol is not--so it makes some sense to have an Ecar, but OTOH the long, cold winter is probably not an ideal environment for them :).

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
A ton in VA Beach, I've even been seeing a lot of model 3's now as well. I can say I don't see the X's ALL that much, but the Model S's are about as common as any high end luxury car here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts