Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on Nitrous Blue when I believed it would be close to the best color Ford ever offered, Moonstone Blue. I thought it would be this:

But alas it's not that. So now it's like this:

- Toss up between blue, grey, white. Leaning towards grey or white
- I like that the option wheels are forged but I don't like them. So I think I'll have the multi spoke ones with whatever the higher performance tire option is.
- Whatever track or performance package they come with/access port tuner.
- Dont care about sunroof or any of the other luxury crap.
- Very disappointed we won't be getting the Recaro Sportsters so I'll be ordering a pair from Ford Europe.
- Also disappointed about the rear fog so I'll order all that as well.

After the warranty is up:
- Cosworth intake plenum, a bunch of mountune goodies, less restrictive exhaust/decat, more agressive wing if Ford Performance offers one, Maybe a set of Compomotive TH wheels if they're offered in 19s by then.

How are you speccing yours?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
White with the forged wheels. Was hoping for competition blue, not sure how I feel about the nitrous blue yet

·
Registered
141 Posts
Stealth Gray with forged wheels and the package which adds blind spot monitoring, depending on availability and pricing.

·
Registered
171 Posts
All black. Considering painting calipers black (ironically since I'm making my black FoST calipers light blue)... I want it to be menacing. Moonroof. Undecided on other options. Debadging except for RS... May take some of those off too. No Ford logos. I want the intercooler to say PANDA in negative color-scheme. I'll do all dark brushed aluminum inside + black. Will source most of my parts from Panda (local) and/or their suppliers. Might wrap it in matte black/RS500-esque at some point down the road.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I think I'll paint match the blackout panel in the grill as well. I think it looks much better.
I forgot the most important detail!

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love my moonroof in my ST2. I hope that they don't think the RS is too "hard core" to have the luxury of a moonroof.

·
Registered
591 Posts
  • Nitrous Blue
  • Standard Wheels
  • Sunroof (if available)
  • Package similar to 402A on the ST - Sync, Nav, Leather, heated seats, interior lighting, etc.
I don't think there will be very many options, however, and it will be nearly spec'ed out like a ST3. We might only see a "Standard" RS and a "Performance Package" which would include the light weight wheels and sticky tires.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Torn between black and gray.
Would love to have the forged wheels, sunroof and NAV if possible.
And any performance goodies they offer. Don't really need/want the stickier tires for now though.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Any color is up for option now, need to see in person.

I like heated things so really whatever gets me those, and Nav.

Forged wheels are a must, I may reconsider if the only option if they come with are the Cup2's as I plan on this being my DD and that could get expensive quick.

Nothing else really to add, I'm just happy if I get my hands on one.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Hard to say without pricing and options list, but ideally it would be as follows:
  • Nitrous Blue, maybe gray (just need to see more pictures of gray, if the gray ends up as a matt finish may want it even more)
  • Sync 3 (no need for nav with Android Auto, but if it is included that is fine)
  • Seats more like shown in Geneva (may have to be aftermarket or imported)
  • forged wheels with cup 2 tires (first option to go if price is too high)
  • 18" ST wheels with all-season tires (if they clear the brakes, likely buy used)
  • NO sun roof
  • locking gas plug (peace of mind, have had locking caps or "secure" doors on all of my cars)
  • 3M protective film on "at risk" areas of car.
  • Almost forgot, all Ford service manuals for the car.
Hoping there is just one major trim level (similar to the ST3) for the RS. What is the point of a "Halo hatch" if it is base version is less feature rich than an ST3?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Either Blue or White. I want everything the ST3 has. No sunroof. Might go for the optional wheels depending on price. If they're to much I'll just go aftermarket. If they come with the cup sports then they're a no go as the RS will be a DD.

·
Registered
10 Posts
AutomobileMag "6 Cool Things About the Ford Focus RS" states that a moonroof will be an option:

It may be meant for track days, but the Ford Focus RS still packs plenty of creature comforts. A heated steering wheel is packaged with heated seats, a moonroof is available, and the car even has standard stop-start, making it the only ST or RS product in the U.S. with engine start stop. That should help save some gas -- at least until you romp on the throttle when the light turns green.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't need a lot, I only have an ST1 now with moonroof. But, the moonroof is a must. However, if I can get most options for 26000, I'll have them.

·
Premium Member
3,270 Posts
Hot and humid here, depends on price and added weight though, I've lived fine without it for over 20 years of driving so far.

I don't need a lot, I only have an ST1 now with moonroof. But, the moonroof is a must. However, if I can get most options for 26000, I'll have them.
I don't think you'll even get the RS no options for 26000.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
About this Discussion
153 Replies
70 Participants
shelby341
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing