Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Gymkhana legend Ken Block To Debut Ford Focus RS And Mustang Hoonicorn At FoS

Jun 18, 2015 Author: Goodwood Section: Latest

One of the world’s most spectacular drivers, Ken Block, will give the all-new Ford Focus RS – and the awesome Mustang Hoonicorn – their UK debuts at the Festival of Speed.

This year’s event theme is ‘Flat-Out and Fearless: Racing on the Edge’ and few drivers hold this philosophy as close to their hearts as Block, whose amazing Gymkhana videos have won worldwide acclaim and achieved over 300 million views on YouTube. Ken has form with the new Focus RS too, as Gymkhana and World Rallycross star Ken Block was brought in as a consultant on the all-new Focus RS and joined the Ford Performance team at the preview event in Cologne, Germany – the city where the RS legend was born in 1968 with the Ford 15M RS.

The Monster Energy Athlete’s reputation has been forged with wonderful displays of car control – his Gymkhana videos often being created in urban locations with buildings, bridges and other immovable objects often just millimetres from the action.

He will drive the new Focus RS, which has been developed by Ford Performance and is the 30th Ford to carry the RS badge, up the iconic 1.16-mile Goodwood Hillclimb throughout the weekend.

Block will also bring his incredible ‘Hoonicorn’, a 1965 Ford Mustang ‘notchback’ that has been customised with four-wheel-drive, an 845bhp Ford V8 engine, bespoke suspension and tyres, and bodywork inspired by rally and racing cars plus toys he owned as a child!

The Hoonicorn was featured in Block’s most recent viral video, Gymkhana 7, which has gained more than 24 million views on YouTube since its release in November 2014.

https://grrc.goodwood.com/festival-of-speed/latest/gymkhana-legend-ken-block-to-debut-ford-focus-rs-at-fos#R1EBisP6UqtUpzr1.97

·
Registered
49 Posts
Im kind of hoping the same thing. Honestly, I would prefer to be able to do it with a catback for a while. I would like to enjoy the car while retaining the warranty at least for a bit.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I don't think that an audio recording (even one provided by Ford) can be used to judge the sound of the exhaust. I'm waiting for additional clips and or to hear it in person.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I'm willing to bet the exhaust is 3" or atleast 2.75" so I doubt much gain will be had by swapping it out. With the valve open in the muffler I bet it flows as well as most aftermarket systems.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Welp, I sure watched that enough times...
Sound could be better, but I am digging the pops. Also the slide at 00:26 was pretty alright.

·
Super Moderator
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Super Moderator
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 20 of 44 Posts