Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are hood louvers specific? I don't really like any of the options that are RS specific and was wondering if I can take one that's meant for another vehicle and use it for the RS? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Just be wary of the location of them in relation to the airbox. A few people I've seen on instagram have some nice ones installed, but they're running aftermarket intakes with closed-top boxes.

Edit: Sorry that was a not-so-helpful answer. As long as you find louvers that will fit the contours of the hood, and you're willing to cut holes in your hood to fit, any louvers should work.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just be wary of the location of them in relation to the airbox. A few people I've seen on instagram have some nice ones installed, but they're running aftermarket intakes with closed-top boxes.

Edit: Sorry that was a not-so-helpful answer. As long as you find louvers that will fit the contours of the hood, and you're willing to cut holes in your hood to fit, any louvers should work.
Yeah that's what I thought. We have a nice flat area on the outside of the hood and was thinking any can fit there. Does that sound about right?

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 3.42.57 PM.png

This dude has a nice setup. Not sure where he sourced them from. If you have IG, account name is "kona_rs" maybe you can message him.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

What do you mean by work?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts