Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen this? My prior RS didn't do this but it had Sport Cup 2s and this car has Super Sports. The only change that would effect it is the CPE Stage 2 RMM but it did it BEFORE that change.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Anyone seen this? My prior RS didn't do this but it had Sport Cup 2s and this car has Super Sports. The only change that would effect it is the CPE Stage 2 RMM but it did it BEFORE that change.

Any ideas?
Left,right or both? Any suspension mods? Mileage?

Ciao

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Completely stock (not even an alignment yet) suspension, haven't noticed it on left turns but it could certainly be there (most of my turns to work are right turns, so it's more evident), ~2500 miles. I feel it clearly as if someone turned on a vibrator (LOL) in the steering wheel!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’m sure you’ve probably checked to make sure the shipping blocks were removed from your suspension. I bought my ‘17 RS from a dealer in TN with 6300 miles on it and drove it 700 miles home. When I got home I noticed the blocks were still there. Also noticed a grinding noise when turning and ended up having to have a CV joint replaced at 7300.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shipping blocks would be on the spring perches, right? If so, nothing there.

No, it is not speed dependent.

I notice it most when I load up the left front going into a fast sweeper like an open clover leaf exit/entrance ramp. I think it might be the Super Sports, as they feel weird and, honestly, SUCK. No grinding noises or anything. I hate to take it to the dealer, as they will not be able to duplicate it, almost assuredly.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts

I notice it most when I load up the left front going into a fast sweeper like an open clover leaf exit/entrance ramp. I think it might be the Super Sports, as they feel weird and, honestly, SUCK. No grinding noises or anything. I hate to take it to the dealer, as they will not be able to duplicate it, almost assuredly.
If tires are suspect, have you tried swapping/rotating them side to side or front and back? The cup 2's are great tires, but the PSS's should be better on NVH.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts

No they are fitted between the coils.

Ciao

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If tires are suspect, have you tried swapping/rotating them side to side or front and back? The cup 2's are great tires, but the PSS's should be better on NVH.
Right, I get that. This vibration is only on turning. Absolutely nothing when straight or even light turning at speed. The LF has to be loaded to elicit it.

No they are fitted between the coils.

Ciao
You should be able to see them without removing the wheel. correct? I looked and saw nothing but couldn't see all the way up to the top of the strut/spring.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Right, I get that. This vibration is only on turning. Absolutely nothing when straight or even light turning at speed. The LF has to be loaded to elicit it.

You should be able to see them without removing the wheel. correct? I looked and saw nothing but couldn't see all the way up to the top of the strut/spring.
Yes they are obvious.

Ciao

·
Registered
180 Posts
My course of action would be to remove LF tire and check for shipping blocks and anything loose or out of place. If ok, switch left and right front tires and see if vibration moves with tires.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Completely stock (not even an alignment yet) suspension, haven't noticed it on left turns but it could certainly be there (most of my turns to work are right turns, so it's more evident), ~2500 miles. I feel it clearly as if someone turned on a vibrator (LOL) in the steering wheel!
You mentioned right turns, do you also notice it when turning your wheel to the right while sitting still ? If so, I gotta think this is a CV joint.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts