Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After trouble shooting a Headlamp failure, I determined that the wire from the HID bulb to the ballast is bad.
Does anyone know where to get a new one?
The ford online parts does not show this wire, and I called Ford and they tell me to get the wire I need to buy an new headlamp assembly 😲
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design Auto part

·
Registered
937 Posts

·
Registered
Focus RS 2018SE
29 Posts
After trouble shooting a Headlamp failure, I determined that the wire from the HID bulb to the ballast is bad.
The ford online parts does not show this wire, and I called Ford and they tell me to get the wire I need to buy an new headlamp assembly 😲
View attachment 363949
View attachment 363949
Two years ago my left front headlight started to flicker then would just go off randomly. It was not the bulb nor the wires but the ballast. That only was determined after I’m gonna say 5 trips to the dealership I bought the car new from. In the end it was a whole new headlight assembly that was needed. Now I’m not saying your issue is the same but just to prepare you for the run around . And the dealership clearly knew the headlights were an issue. It’s a 2017 part manufacturing thing they finally admitted. The 2018 I have was manufactured then . one of the few shipped to canada . Honestly the head light has been only thing that has so far been irritating with the car . But they fixed it under warranty. Overall I still love it and after 4 years can’t think of a better all round car . Have the extended warranty up to 5 years .

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Hey man i have an extra one, i ordered a headlight assembly when my headlight broke and it came with one but the other one i had was still in perfect condition. Direct message me if you’re interested and we can figure it out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts