Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I was hoping that my first post would be me introducing myself and my awesome 2017 FW Focus RS but instead life threw me a (possible) lemon! So let me explain. Back in February I brought my RS in for the HG recall. After 32 days I got my car back. After 3 days of driving the car started to misfire and a CEL popped on my dash. Grabbed my code reader and code P050A popped up. A friend and I did some research and well the outcome looked bleek (http://www.focusrs.org/forum/154-focus-rs-troubleshooting/15545-well-didn-t-take-long-dtc-p050a.html). Trying to stay positive I talked to the dealer and brought the car back in. A couple of days went by and they said they reprogrammed the PCM and I got the car back. 3 days later guess what!? Yup it happened again. Same code too. Now I'm not as patient as Tiresmoke with his problems. I am bringing it back to the dealer on Friday hoping there's a light at the end of the tunnel. As a precaution I did call Ford corporate as well as open a lemon law case (NJ) just to kind of start the process. What are my options at this point? Has anyone else experienced this and is there an end in sight or are my days with my RS numbered (I hope not I really like this car). Thanks for reading!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts