Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I am new to the car scene in general and I'm wanting to get lowering springs and drop to 18's (currently fully stock 2016.)
I have 0 knowledge on how fitment works and how springs work as well. As I read descriptions of springs I see mixed length of drop like "1/2 to 5/8" or "~1" or 25mm all around" for example. Do they get lower as they break in?
After looking at countless setups I'm wanting to run 18x9.5 +40-45 and get lowered so that way it sits flush. If I could get some help and recommendations it would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Registered
212 Posts
below are two photos one of my Caron swift springs and one on H&R. The swift springs although they do not get the car to the flush state your looking for have excellent ride comfort. The H&R spring we’re way to rough and I did not enjoy the ride as much. If you loooking for the 25-30mm drop I’ve heard the eibach spring kit by puma speed rides better than H&R.

My car on swift spring with 18x9.5 enkie wheels.

My car on the same wheel setup with H&R

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Hey all,
I am new to the car scene in general and I'm wanting to get lowering springs and drop to 18's (currently fully stock 2016.)
I have 0 knowledge on how fitment works and how springs work as well. As I read descriptions of springs I see mixed length of drop like "1/2 to 5/8" or "~1" or 25mm all around" for example. Do they get lower as they break in?
After looking at countless setups I'm wanting to run 18x9.5 +40-45 and get lowered so that way it sits flush. If I could get some help and recommendations it would be much appreciated!
Thanks!
Lowering springs are pretty straight forward, they are slightly shorter springs that replace your existing OEM springs. All of them give a range (instread of a specific number) of the amount of "drop" you get due to variations from car to car, the way you measure it, and the spring themselves varying slightly in length or how they compress. You can expect the car to get slightly lower as the springs "settle" into place after a few days of driving on them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a brand new set of white line springs still in the box I would be willing to sell if you are interested. I ended up going with coil overs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts