Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to put an order in on an open Allocation, but is over 3 hours away. I think I had read somewhere that getting the car dropped shipped is a possibility, say at my local dealer for $250. Does anyone know anything about this, when the option needs to be chosen, and what I need to tell each dealer.

Thanks for any help,

Jax

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If you're buying it from a dealer, why wouldn't you get it there?
Just because the dealer is over 3 hours away. Just curious on understanding the option, might be worth it to me if it's only $250 to be able to pick it up 5 minutes from my house.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ill be driving mine more then 3 hours the day i take delivery. You should just pick it up at that dealer so you drive it those 3 hours. You may enjoy it so much you might take the 5 hour scenic route home : )

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill be driving mine more then 3 hours the day i take delivery. You should just pick it up at that dealer so you drive it those 3 hours. You may enjoy it so much you might take the 5 hour scenic route home : )
Yeah, your probably right the more I think about it. Also has been 15 years since I have driven a Manual, should be a fun ride. Hopefully I don't stall it leaving the dealership.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Okay let's assume first your break-in philosophy is drive it hard to start with. The enable Launch Control and bring the revs up to 4,500 RPM or so and drop the clutch .... you won't stall :D :D :D

YMMV,

MidCow3

P.S. - Seriously don't worry about stalling, even long time standard drivers do it occasionally ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you do stall its okay, Ford has got you covered with the RS, all you have to do is push in the clutch and it will start up with out having to push the start button. You wont miss a beat. Some new fancy add on to the start stop system they added just for stalls.

·
Registered
56 Posts
HAHAHA, Midcow is right, you should just put it in launch control mode, mat the throttle, and dump the clutch first time you get in it right out of the parking spot. Lol, that makes me wonder... Does launch work in reverse? That would be funny to watch somone do that.

·
Registered
898 Posts
HAHAHA, Midcow is right, you should just put it in launch control mode, mat the throttle, and dump the clutch first time you get in it right out of the parking spot. Lol, that makes me wonder... Does launch work in reverse? That would be funny to watch somone do that.
Maybe after the first 1,000 mile oil change but not before, sorry. And as far as reverse goes, I would definitely think not.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm about to put an order in on an open Allocation, but is over 3 hours away. I think I had read somewhere that getting the car dropped shipped is a possibility, say at my local dealer for $250. Does anyone know anything about this, when the option needs to be chosen, and what I need to tell each dealer.

Thanks for any help,

Jax
I assume you're ordering one of the NB's from Northern Ohio that was posted earlier today... which one? I was thinking of calling on one of them tomorrow despite the distance, but I'll give you firsties on whichever one you had scoped out. I'm not looking to snatch one out from under anyone, so if the other one is still unspoken for I'll call on that one.

·
Registered
520 Posts

Thanks for any help,

Jax
Congrats! If it's one of the ones from Ohio then yeah I would definitely make a little road trip out of it! Mine's local so I'll have to plan the first road trip when I get it.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
From the owners manual, launch control doesn't work in reverse or when the engine is not at NOT.

I do have a question though. I might miss delivery due to deployment in June. Is it possible for the dealer to ship my car from SC to VA to the dealer in VA? I bought it in SC (stationed here right now, moving next weekend) and if I miss delivery I would hate to have to figure out how to get it to VA.

Joe

·
Registered
627 Posts
Congrats! If it's one of the ones from Ohio then yeah I would definitely make a little road trip out of it! Mine's local so I'll have to plan the first road trip when I get it.
He's in KY I don't think he's gonna make it through the whole state of Ohio to either of those dealers I posted in 3 hours lol
I assume you're ordering one of the NB's from Northern Ohio that was posted earlier today... which one? I was thinking of calling on one of them tomorrow despite the distance, but I'll give you firsties on whichever one you had scoped out. I'm not looking to snatch one out from under anyone, so if the other one is still unspoken for I'll call on that one.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
627 Posts
But whoever claims them let me know I'll meet you there haha

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
My car is drop shipping from 12 hours away, if it were a measly 3 hours I would make the drive, seriously.

It is a courtesy delivery and the receiving dealer has to accept it, but for only 3 hours I would drive it home. $250 is on par with other dealers.

Thanks for any help,

Jax

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
gte
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing