Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure what you mean about battery cables. I do not think you can damage them.
How can I check for bad fuse? visually I could not find any of them damaged.
Also it is possible that one the Relays went bad? Like the ignition or stater relay. Checking the 3 fuse boxes graphs there are several Fuses and Relays related to Ignition and Starter.

·
Super Moderator
8,435 Posts
You can use a multi-meter to test fuses.

Light tester also works or even the small light tester that comes with the car fuses.

Multi-meter would be a good way to test the relays

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same issue as the OP and Sanjaghak after a battery change. The dash displayed "Engine fault service now", "AWD disabled", "Drive mode selection disabled", and "Hill start assist disabled". The car would not start. Tried the PCM reset but the issue persisted.

Eventually I reseated the large blue connector in the fuse box and it resolved the issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So at the end the issue was much more basic than any of possibilities mentioned here. I ended up towing the car to the dealership and they found on of the connectors was not fully seated. You cannot believe I stupid I left specially because I checked all the connectors few times. I guess the lesson learned is to try to detach and reattach the connectors as a part of the trouble shooting.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts