Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a ‘16 SG RS with 71k miles that’s been my daily driver since I bought it new 5 years ago. It’s ran flawlessly and I’ve had zero mechanical issues with it.

I picked up a new battery at Costco since my current battery is original and due for a replacement. I had no trouble switching the two batteries. However, when I went to start it it would only go into accessory mode and then started throwing every possible error message at me:
  • Engine fault service now
  • AWD disabled
  • Drive mode selection disabled
  • Hill start assist disabled
…etc

Wont turn over. Car makes a ticking noise from the fuel injectors (I think?) even after I turn accessory mode off.
That’s all the relevant stuff I can think of for now. What did I do wrong?? 😭😭

·
Premium Member
6,026 Posts
Have you already reset the BMS after the battery swap?

Reactions: dorenkamp

·
Premium Member
6,026 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Could be a terminal that wasn’t tightened enough. Was the battery fully charged?

Other than that you can put the PCM into safe mode if you have excessive arcing.

To reset it, disconnect the positive and negative and touch them together for a few seconds. Put the positive terminal on first and then the negative.

·
Premium Member
6,026 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Good news, but does a PDM (ECU) reset defeat any Cobb maps for instance? What else has to be reset after the PCM reset?

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
240 Posts
After PCM resets, I've always had to re-disable the Hill Assist, and re-disable the auto-stop/start in the Accessport.

·
Registered
323 Posts
OK, I don't even remember disabling retarded hill assist. My Auto S/S is programmed out with my tune but we'll see what happens the day I replace the batt.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
OK, I don't even remember disabling retarded hill assist. My Auto S/S is programmed out with my tune but we'll see what happens the day I replace the batt.
I've taken my battery out, a few times, and never had to reload my JST tune.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts