Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've checked all of these places multiple times. Unfortunately it's just not there. I've already got a new set waiting to go in, the dealer just doesn't have a master tool to get the old ones off.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am currently in a similar situation with the wheel lock.. The key was lost by the last auto repair place I had my RS at. Now when getting the recall done, the ford dealer couldn't find the key. They had to use a chisel to get the lock off, but that caused some damage to the wheel (which they will repair).

From what I was told by the dealer, there are 7 different key patterns that are possible to get with an RS. You are supposed to get something in your manual with a flyer of some sort with your key ID. That was not the case for me.

The master set of wheel locks (where you get all 7 keys and a set of locks for each key) is about $800 from what the dealer told me. Sorry I don't have any part numbers.

If I was the one responsible for losing the key, I would order the master set + a random key set ( roughly $70), use the master set to get my locks off, return the master set, and put on the separate set I got.

I have checked with dealers in my area and none of them have the master set on hand. But luckily the auto repair shop that lost the key has taken ownership of the issue and they will do the same thing I would if they can't find anyone with a master set.

Hope that helps you guys.

Also, the hub locks are designed to break if you try to torque the top half. They are two different types of metal.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've checked all of these places multiple times. Unfortunately it's just not there. I've already got a new set waiting to go in, the dealer just doesn't have a master tool to get the old ones off.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
this might be helpful. sorry cant link because not enough posts

focusrs.org/forum/18-focus-rs-wheels-tires/46146-mcgard-rescue DOT html

·
Registered
224 Posts
Contact McGard.com first call them, then send a picture of your wheel lock so they can try and match it and send out another overnight. They helped me out great customer service.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts