Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I contacted a dealer, I knew sold a Focus RS at MSRP, and simply asked if they had any open allocations available. Stating if they only had 1 allocation and they sold 1 car, they have no more available they can sell, and guarantee to get...

they replied:

First of all you are talking about two different things; allocation and special orders. First of all, Ford allocates a certain number of cars for so many dealerships. For the one Focus RS we are allocated, other dealerships are allocated for the exact same one so it's not a guarantee it will ever reach our dealership. The one your buddy ordered is not the one we were allocated, his is a special order NOT an open allocation. It's very possible the one we are allocated will make it to a different Ford dealership and there is no way for us to know where it will end up or when. When you special order one you ARE GUARANTEED one.

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Vendor
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lies and deceit. Allocation is guaranteed unit. Special order is a retail order that is not guaranteed.
How can you tell, when you order, if yours is a TRUE allocation VS just a special order?

I mean even if a dealer was allocated 1, and they place 5 orders, is the first one the only guaranteed one? Or is there something I can look for to verify my is guaranteed?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
What get's me is that it *seems* that damn near every dealership GM or sales mgr has a different freakin' story. I have a list of 24 dealers on my desk that I've tried to contact about buying an RS. Most of them got back to me, and the only real thing that almost all of them agreed on was that they wanted to charge me 5,000-10,000 ADM for the honor of buying a new car at full boat retail. Well, except for Bowen Scarff, who's having an auction to see just how much they can pile up over RETAIL. F#*@)^ A$(((%@s

I've never been a Ford guy, and this will be the first car I've ever bought from them. (** IF I can actually manage to do that **) But man, I've gotta say that I'm MASSIVELY underwhelmed at the "quality" of their dealerships. I was in the car business for a time while in college in the early 80's, and damn near all of these guys remind me of the slimy dealers who used to throw the keys to your trade in on the roof and force you to make a deal, or call the cops. There are a few exceptions out of my list of 24. Let's see... I can count 3, that have been great. Them are pretty crappy odds. :(

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Is there something on the VOC that would confirm we have an allocation vs. retail?
I only wish I could get a freakin VOC. This is by far the most frustrating car purchase of... well.... EVER.

·
Registered
271 Posts
How can you tell, when you order, if yours is a TRUE allocation VS just a special order?

I mean even if a dealer was allocated 1, and they place 5 orders, is the first one the only guaranteed one? Or is there something I can look for to verify my is guaranteed?
From what I know there is no way of it showing up; they all show as retail orders. They pull them in order. So first person that ordered gets the allocated one and the others are up to chance.

·
Vendor
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So does anyone know the truth? What does an allocation quantity to a dealer mean? How they can "use their allocations"?

I wonder how many people ordered a Focus RS and it isn't even a real allocated one, and wont even get one?

I hope someone can clear this process up, so some can be re assured their order?

·
Vendor
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
From what I know there is no way of it showing up; they all show as retail orders. They pull them in order. So first person that ordered gets the allocated one and the others are up to chance.
So if they are allocated 1, and order 3 for customers. The first customer to get their order submitted gets the allocated one?

Sucks, as if that is the case, you have to TRUST a dealer tells you the number allocated and also trust they tell you how many they submitted already!

·
Registered
271 Posts
So if they are allocated 1, and order 3 for customers. The first customer to get their order submitted gets the allocated one?

Sucks, as if that is the case, you have to TRUST a dealer tells you the number allocated and also trust they tell you how many they submitted already!
Exactly right

·
Registered
2,039 Posts

I'm sure they'll show you the list and show you the allocation numbers fromFord

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts

I think that is right assuming the dealer doesn't put the first order in with their own allocation config (fully loaded) before the special orders.

·
Vendor
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think that is right assuming the dealer doesn't put the first order in with their own allocation config (fully loaded) before the special orders.
Your spot on!

I called 5 dealers today, and all 5 stated they can order one at MSRP. I asked how many are you allocated, most stated 1, or "allocated what do you mean". Most places that allocated one, stated they sold 2, 3, or 4, and stated the system takes it, so we will get it.... Oh boy I feel for those people ordering them, and wont even get one!

Once a dealer orders their allocated units, they are done, no more. Unless Ford fills a few extra for some reason, which is unlikely!

·
Registered
395 Posts
And the anti-ADM thrift shoppers are complaining.:) Seems like a little ADM doesn't hurt in order to not get screwed around, and can relax in the (very thin) dealership trust blanket. Cause news flash they want to sell you a car..

<-- 1k deposit paid (April?) 2500k ADM, and have had no stress. They claim they halved me on my ADM compared to their other 4 allocations, but let me tell you that the ADM I am paying, is returning in dividends of working straight with the GM, and the person whom actually submits the orders.. So there's that. They make money, I get the car I want without much hassle.

FWIW: They might screw me in the end, but that's the trust and I have been working with them very closely since the day it was announced..

·
Registered
271 Posts
Your spot on!

I called 5 dealers today, and all 5 stated they can order one at MSRP. I asked how many are you allocated, most stated 1, or "allocated what do you mean". Most places that allocated one, stated they sold 2, 3, or 4, and stated the system takes it, so we will get it.... Oh boy I feel for those people ordering them, and wont even get one!

Once a dealer orders their allocated units, they are done, no more. Unless Ford fills a few extra for some reason, which is unlikely!
Not true. Ford has said they will make every effort to fullfill all retail orders even if dealers were not allocated.
RSINFO.JPG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts