Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I build long range precision and hunting rifles for a living. I live right in the middle of the Lost Coast in Ca. I just picked up my first ever Ford of my life. 2016 RS2 in frozen white. Has 34K miles and is bone stock with the exception of the AWE track exhaust which I cannot stand. I'll be trying to swap it out for something quieter as I bought the car to commute 40 miles each day to work over rural roads with a 2000' elevation change. I'd been commuting in a 2017 Tacoma 4cyl and was finally fed up with not being able to pass even a prius. I have an extensive racing background in sportbikes, autoX, and hillclimbs. I will not be using the RS for those purposes, plus im getting older!!

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Welcome and Congratulations!!

I have a mountune V2x exhaust and love it but it's fairly loud on startups and WOT. Sounds like perhaps a Borla S-type or similar would be more to your liking.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome!
Since you already have the awe exhaust, I would suggest seeing if you can just get the awe touring rear piece to stick on it and quiet it down some and kill the drone. Unless you're looking for purely stock noise levels. But the car is far too quiet stock imo, and I don't even like loud exhausts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrats on the RS (miss my '18 but love the Raptor that replaced it).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the RS (miss my '18 but love the Raptor that replaced it).
Raptor's are nice. I have lots of friends with them and they make complete sense. Why buy a Tacoma or Tundra and then throw 10-15K in upgrades when you can get a Raptor with more power and a warranty! I used to be a diehard toyota and Subaru fan, but the US automakers have left them in the dust. I also just bought a 2020 Silverado 2500HD Duramax that puts a Tundra to shame, and will tow my race cars!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts