Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, Ray here from NYC... have been hooked on rally type cars, and now that we have an american brand one finally im more than ecstatic. Drove an stage 2 evo X from 2008-2012 and then a stage 2 Sti for another 2 years till I went more "grown up" last year to a tuned bmw 328 Msport. But although im 40 and my bmw is beauty with aggression incarnate in the styling and has about 300hp/330tq-(dynojet) it cant match the old Evo or Sti... so the urge for an "infantile" awd rally type car is very strong in me still. Im glad ford is releasing this car as nothing short of a $30k more 2016 M3 will prevent me from buying this car. What ill be loosing in style and beautiful dimensions ill gain in raw power and true torque vectoring dynamics. I believe this torque vectoring system is genius, producing true vectoring like my old Evo X without the complexity or weight of a center dif. I always thought this was paramount as in the audi system, the porsche system or the mitsubishi system. Lastly, although made in germany which is actually a good thing, its an american brand. Cant wait for the car to finally arrive so i can get my hands on it... :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
nice set of cars :) bmw is coming out with a M2 around the same time too, more $$ tho but different feel and purpose.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice set of cars :) bmw is coming out with a M2 around the same time too, more $$ tho but different feel and purpose.
I thought about the m2 but the bmw dealer told me strait up that if I wanted the M2 first year to be prepared to pay a premium on top of msrp and that i just wont do. I had the very first Evo X MR on the east coast and i paid msrp in 2008... paid invoice for the Sti in 20012. Id be willing if first in line for the RS to pay msrp but not a cent more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts