Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my RS on Monday a 2017 , with 50,000 miles. The head gasket has been replaced by ford, it has a Cobb composite cold air intake kit, and after market exhaust. I dunno if it is a full exhaust or just a slip on yet. It is at the dealership already for a check engine light that posted on my test drive. I had the selling dealership check the code ,and wanted them to fix it. They checked it , and i was told it was fixed. But i am pretty sure it was just wiped and not fixed. So it came back on the next day. I got the code it was a 300 code and a couple others that i can't recall right now. The paper they are written on is in the car at the Ford dealer. I got no list of mods from the used car salesman, because they were not informed of any. They had no idea what an RS was until this sale.. So hello everyone ! I am prob gonna be asking a ton of questions. First off , will a Cobb cold air throw a check engine, and same question for a slip on exhaust?

Squirrel

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome and Congrats!!! I would guess the exhaust would be at least a cat-back. Any name etched on the exhaust tips? When you get it back make sure you give it a good look over and under. Good luck with the codes. And enjoy the heck out of her. Post up some pics when you can.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Welcome!

Intake and exhaust mod on this car typically does not need a tune.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I picked up my RS on Monday a 2017 , with 50,000 miles. The head gasket has been replaced by ford, it has a Cobb composite cold air intake kit, and after market exhaust. I dunno if it is a full exhaust or just a slip on yet. It is at the dealership already for a check engine light that posted on my test drive. I had the selling dealership check the code ,and wanted them to fix it. They checked it , and i was told it was fixed. But i am pretty sure it was just wiped and not fixed. So it came back on the next day. I got the code it was a 300 code and a couple others that i can't recall right now. The paper they are written on is in the car at the Ford dealer. I got no list of mods from the used car salesman, because they were not informed of any. They had no idea what an RS was until this sale.. So hello everyone ! I am prob gonna be asking a ton of questions. First off , will a Cobb cold air throw a check engine, and same question for a slip on exhaust?

Squirrel
image.jpeg . What? Where?

Welcome!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Starting to get nervous. Car is still at the Ford dealers service center. I had to call for an update, they didn't call me. I was told they had 2 guys on it and couldn't figure out the problem. I asked what the problem was and they said they hadn't fully figured it out yet. Rep says to me, looks like someone has been in there before. No kidding! It had a head gasket replaced, and timing cover and seal! He seemed surprised at my responce. I May be dealing with a bunch of shotty maintainers..😵😣
P.s I will share the codes when I go physically checkon the car tomorrow.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Man, not a good start to ownership... I would be cautious of keeping the car. Just based off what your new ownership is going like.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I checked on the vehicle today, actually stood in the mechanics bay and talked with the tech, it is posting several types of missfire codes. They informed me that the head gasket has been replaced 2 times by previous ford cert mechanics , and the timing chain cover seal. Also something about a turbo oil line? They are performing a leak down test this afternoon, if it leaks I am going to suggest they check to see if the head is warped..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, I bought and financed the car so the statement of rethinking ownership is kinda out the window..😂

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update. RS is still at the Dealer , it failed leak down, they are tearing into it as we speak. It didn't even pas the first park of the leak down from what i was told. So they know its a gasket for sure,maybe a head also, and they are going to check the block. My question is does this merit a free loaner from the dealer. IMO it does, but i am Getting push back from them. Does anyone have any info on this subject of a loaner while recall work is being done?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Update. RS is still at the Dealer , it failed leak down, they are tearing into it as we speak. It didn't even pas the first park of the leak down from what i was told. So they know its a gasket for sure,maybe a head also, and they are going to check the block. My question is does this merit a free loaner from the dealer. IMO it does, but i am Getting push back from them. Does anyone have any info on this subject of a loaner while recall work is being done?
Recall work= Loaner from dealer
They are to supply you with one from lot or rent you a car for sure...

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
Loaner for sure, Ford will pay the dealer the loaner... under warranty.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
11 days at the shop, the tech told me today that's the service manager has been making them do oil changes over working on my head and gasket.. 😡 . also asked the tech to buff up on the RS HG and timing of the motor and other suspect items during install. The tech was very receptive, and eager to complete the work..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts