Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was always navigating to the News and Discussions forums from the main page and never noticed this section of the forum!

I'm originally from Arkansas, went to Arizona for school and came out to Virginia for work.

My first car was a 1993 Honda Prelude Si with peeling paint and AC that didn't work (I drove everywhere with the windows and sunroof open)... but mechanically it was in great condition and that was what mattered to me =) 2.3 liter non-VTEC engine producing ~160 HP, mated to a 5 speed manual. It was probably the perfect first car for me, fun to drive, but forgiving when I was an idiot.

My current car is a 2000 Honda S2000 with 247,000 miles on it. I was 90% of the way to buying a 1995 BMW M3 because they were cheaper when I finally found this S2000 in my price range.. probably because it had 171,000 miles on it at the time. I've driven the hell out of it in the Jerome/Prescott area in Arizona, over to San Diego, and all the way across the US to here in Virginia and up to New England. The only time it's ever let me down is when I have let it down first. Carbon detonation blew the oil cap and drain plug out and left me stranded in Phoenix with half a Mtn Dew for hydration, lol. More recently driving around the beltway of Washington DC in the *pouring* rain and heavy traffic I encountered a street drain that was clogged... all the other cars were just rolling on through, and there was a big truck sticking his lights in my rear view and no way I could merge over, so I decided to risk it and went for it, disregarding the fact that it has a cold air intake that sits inside the front bumper about 8 inches from the ground. Well the water was deeper than 8 inches, and I sucked some up and hydrolocked the engine. After getting a tow, draining/flushing the engine, oil change, and new oil filter, it fired right back up after about 10-15 seconds of cranking. 30k miles later, not an issue has arisen from that incident. It's always burned a lot of oil (a quart every 1500 miles or so to start with, probably more like a quart every 1000 miles now), but it doesn't leak anything and will rev to 9000 RPM over and over with no complaints.

Sorry that was long-winded... obviously I love my S2000 =]

Anyway, have a 2016 Focus RS on order, Nitrous Blue, forged wheels, moonroof, RS2 package, winter wheel/tire package. It'll be nice to have something that's a little more stable in the rain and snow and actually has cargo room! (and should have ~200 HP/ton!)

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Welcome! All long car trips or long ownerships have some saga associated with them, nice to hear yours had decent endings. I sort of regret missing the S2000 train but the timing wasn't right.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts