Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm blue and I'd like to say hello to my fellow RS owners! I'm in SoCal, specifically in the Valley! I'm really excited about the prospects of owning an RS. I'm going to be coming from a 15 Mustang GT (one of the limited editions that are xxxx/1964).The reason I'm downgrading is because I'm kinda sick and tired of driving a big car and I feel like I want a car with more utility. My Nitrous Blue RS has the forged wheels and the RS2 package. It's gonna be my first manual transmission car, and I'm extremely giddy about it! I ordered my car from a dealer in PA because I didn't even wanna bother with contacting most LA dealers, cause they're most likely charging stupid ADM's. The only thing I'm worried about is, my order is an unallocated one. I've been trying to find back up dealers in case this falls through.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Hey all, I'm blue and I'd like to say hello to my fellow RS owners! I'm in SoCal, specifically in the Valley! I'm really excited about the prospects of owning an RS. I'm going to be coming from a 15 Mustang GT (one of the limited editions that are xxxx/1964).The reason I'm downgrading is because I'm kinda sick and tired of driving a big car and I feel like I want a car with more utility. My Nitrous Blue RS has the forged wheels and the RS2 package. It's gonna be my first manual transmission car, and I'm extremely giddy about it! I ordered my car from a dealer in PA because I didn't even wanna bother with contacting most LA dealers, cause they're most likely charging stupid ADM's. The only thing I'm worried about is, my order is an unallocated one. I've been trying to find back up dealers in case this falls through.
Welcome to the forum but IMHO the RS is not a downgrade.

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum but IMHO the RS is not a downgrade.

YMMV,

MidCow3
I know it's not really, but if I tell people that I'm selling a Mustang GT and going to a Focus RS they'd probably call me crazy. If they hear you say a Focus, they'll be like whaaaat?

·
Registered
972 Posts
I sold my 2013 Shelby GT500 to get the RS and I think the RS will be an upgrade on everything but HP and TQ.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Wow that's a bold statement! To each his own I guess.
Have you owned and drove a 13 GT500 as a daily driver? The transmission is $hit, hard ass recaro seats, clutch was like pushing a beach ball under water with your foot, NVH was terrible- and I'm not talking loud exhaust or engine, heavy as hell feeling in the corners and also solid rear axle was total crap no matter what the driving style or conditions, all for the low price of nearly 70k fully loaded.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Have you owned and drove a 13 GT500 as a daily driver? The transmission is $hit, hard ass recaro seats, clutch was like pushing a beach ball under water with your foot, NVH was terrible- and I'm not talking loud exhaust or engine, heavy as hell feeling in the corners and also solid rear axle was total crap no matter what the driving style or conditions, all for the low price of nearly 70k fully loaded.
No I haven't but I would love to! I test drove one around the block a few times and it was absolutely amazing imo. I can imagine it's a pain in the ass driving it in that California traffic so that makes sense. Still I'd wager a good sum of money on the majority of people and critics picking the '13 GT500 over the RS.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Sorry to $hit in your thread, welcome blue. I have a feeling you won't be disappointed in the RS.

·
Registered
22 Posts
WELCOME! This community is great, lots of great information. I myself don't post really but hope to see you around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
BoostinEco
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing